|Search user languages|
Our work together here should be our armor, not some sharp, angry, burning sword. I would strongly recommend that everyone here find an article to work on for a while; not the cliche "random article", but something that gives you a nice tug at the heartstrings. It feels great to be out there doing work on something you genuinely care about, and I assure you it'll help you regain the sense of why you're here.
Professionally, I'm a software engineer. (That's a computer programmer that's more full of themselves.) I currently work for a company that makes software, after having worked for a company which knows everything except how to spell its name (I've been a Wikipedian longest). I've written most of a few articles about people from each.
I got to do this neat thing for the earlier one, which helps lots of people find free (as-in-speech) images, including those usable for this project. Using it and other tools I've found over 1,000 images to illustrate articles and put them on Wikimedia Commons. Here is my images to-do list.
Besides minor edits, my early work was in Category:Role-playing games.
- Worlds of Wonder (game) (and stubbed Worlds of Wonder (toy company) to avoid confusion)
- Justice, Inc. (role-playing game)
- Boot Hill (role-playing game)
- Superworld (expanded from stub)
- Template:D&D-stub and Category:Dungeons & Dragons stubs (I called it Category:D&D stubs), to separate from Category: Role-playing game stubs which was overflowing
- Category:Basic Role-Playing System
- Ringworld (RPG) (expanded from stub)
- James Bond 007 (role-playing game)
- Category:Role-playing games - strictly categorized; other WP:RPG participants have since cleaned up much more thoroughly
I wrote or stubbed the following as part of the Wikipedia:Articles requested for more than two years work (I know nothing about them otherwise):
- Catherine McCord model and TV host
- Carolyn Lilipaly Dutch news anchor
- Lane McCotter controversial prison administrator
- Karl Josef Weinmair 1930s German artist
- Kathy Lloyd UK model and TV host
- Beverley Turner UK sports host - redirect, expand stub a bit
- Minjung art 1980s South Korean protest art movement
- Gugum Gumbira Indonesian musician
- Ezquioga/Ezkioga Basque Spanish town that saw visions of Mary in the 1930s
- El Hajj Muhammad El Anka Algerian musician
- Hugo Hans Ritter von Seeliger German astronomer
- Josiah Edward Spurr 1900s American geologist and explorer
- Grant Wallace WWI era American journalist, screenwriter, artist, and occultist
- Thomas Logie MacDonald mayor of Carlisle and lunar crater eponym
- Melissa Bachman TV huntress
This project tries to make up for the fact that most Wikipedia editors are technically savvy first world males.
- Toni Frissell American photographer
- Elizabeth Catlett African-American sculptor and printmaker
- Muhammad Awzal Moroccan Berber poet
- Marcelle Karp 3rd wave feminist writer & editor
- The Feminists short-lived New York City feminist group, stub
- Shoshong historical town in eastern Botswana.
- Ganapatya Hindu sect following Ganesh
- Mary Marvin Breckinridge Patterson American photojournalist and philanthropist
- Esther Bubley American photographer
- Engaruka Tanzanian ruins
- Tsetserleg Mongolian city - stub
- Tursunzade Tajikistan city
- Lisa Fugard actress, writer, daughter of Sheila Meiring Fugard
- Uganda National Rescue Front armed rebel groups
- Yoruba literature
- Philip A. Payton Jr. - the "Father of Harlem", rented properties to African-Americans
- Lavastorm - Internet boom company.
- The Chalk Circle - Yuan Dynasty Chinese play. From a FAC review.
- Barnaby Conrad III - Author, artist. From a BLPN request from the subject about being confused with his father, also an author.
- Jenni Barber - actress.
- Marie Ragghianti - Parole board administrator, subject of movie.
- Kevin Connolly - photographer without legs who takes photos of people staring at him.
- Cerrie Burnell - one armed British children's TV show presenter.
- New Man - Christian magazine.
- Sachs Electric - Missouri electrical company. From a user page deletion review.
- Somerville Journal - local newspaper.
- TypeRacer - multiplayer online browser-based typing game. After interviewing creator!
- Great Aragonese Encyclopedia a Spanish language, Aragon-themed, encyclopedia
- Braco - Croatian alternative medicine practitioner who treats people with his gaze.
- Robin Abrahams - Boston Globe Magazine weekly ethics and etiquette column "Miss Conduct".
- Fredrick Brennan - developer with brittle bone disease who founded the imageboard website 8chan.
- Modest Stein - Pulp artist and former anarchist; collaboration with User:Newyorkbrad.
- Rebecca Moore - Computer scientist, founder of Google Earth Outreach and Google Earth Engine (thoroughly vetted for WP:COI).
- Tina Machado - Businesswoman, athlete, and beauty pageant winner; restored and expanded after deletion.
- Becca Pizzi - Local marathon runner.
- Never Again pledge - commitment by IT workers to work against a US government database identifying people by race, religion, or national origin
- Lyndsey Scott - Fashion model and iOS mobile app developer.
- Brad Smith - President and chief legal officer of Microsoft; collaboration with User:CarolAnnBrowne (WP:COI).
- Kathleen Hogan - Microsoft chief human resources officer, (WP:COI).
- Elly Mayday - Canadian model and ovarian cancer advocate. She died the day after I started on her article; the DYK got 34,666 page views, qualifying for All-time DYK page view leaders.
- Raphaëlle Boitel - French circus performer and director.
- Summer Rayne Oakes - World's first "eco-model".Rewritten after finding it had been deleted.
- Alina Morse - child CEO of multi-million dollar healthy candy company the DYK got 16,583 page views, second greatest for August 2019.
From an Articles for deletion discussion where I was challenged to create some articles to prove it could be done.
- 7 Wonders Museum
- Akron Fossils & Science Center
- Big Valley Creation Science Museum
- Creation Evidence Museum
- Mt. Blanco Fossil Museum
- Category: Creationist museums
Not creationist museumEdit
- Morro Bay State Park Museum of Natural History - because after making those, I was accused of being a creationist, and counter-challenged to create an article about a "real" museum.
From another Articles for deletion discussion where the claim was made that winners of this award aren't notable. So far - well, as I look into it, some were, and some weren't. These are some that were. Also expanded article on the society and award.