Evolution and evolvability
|The Original Barnstar||Thanks for your excellent article on the PA clan and many other contributions to Protein and RNA families! Alexbateman (talk) 11:15, 15 January 2014 (UTC)|
|The Graphic Designer's Barnstar||Awarded to Evolution and evolvability for contributing and evolvability many outstanding images to Wikipedia, including this highly informative and unique overview of gene structure. Adrian J. hunter(talk•contribs) 04:24, 10 June 2015 (UTC)|
|The Science Barnstar||I know how much of a pain in the ass it can be to get an article promoted to FA. It's a big accomplishment, so congrats! Seppi333 (InSert 2¢) 01:15, 13 March 2016 (UTC)|
and Diligence Barnstars
Thanks for all your tireless work on the Antarctic women wikibomb. Without your help we would have managed about 10 pages I reckon. Thanks so much for guiding us through the process. You are a legend. Janstrugnell (talk) 07:06, 28 August 2016 (UTC)
T - for all the work you did making the Wiki Bomb go with a bang - despite it being out side your area of science interest - you put up with all the dumb questions... you've made a good thing happen! WavygeEk (talk) 15:40, 28 August 2016 (UTC)
Thank you so much for helping to inspire thousands of budding young female scientists from about the world - and for teaching us more about Wikipedia than we ever thought we would know! Baeseman (talk) 08:29, 6 September 2016 (UTC)
|The Technical Barnstar||Thanks for the improvements to the "pubmed indexed" template. Doc James (talk · contribs · email) 11:08, 6 September 2016 (UTC)|
|The Medicine Barnstar||Thanks for the great work that you are doing and would continue to do for medical content on Wikipedia as well as on WikiJournal of Medicine. DiptanshutaLk 08:17, 1 November 2016 (UTC)|
|The Original Barnstar||Thanks so much for getting us all editing at Shut up and wiki fridays! Loztron (talk) 03:15, 1 June 2018 (UTC)|
|The Psychology Barnstar||For your invited address at the American Psychological Association and for welcoming one of those wacky psychologists to the WikiJournals enterprise! - Mark D Worthen PsyD (talk) (I am a man. The traditional male pronouns are fine.) 23:44, 12 August 2019 (UTC)|
|Science made visible||Thank you for quality articles such as serpins, sharing your scientific expertise on evolution and evolvability ("experimental protein evolution"), for making it accessible by fascinating illustrations, for more accessibility by meaningful redirects, for a clear and informative user page, - T, you are an awesome wiKipedian! --Gerda Arendt (talk) 05:52, 2 April 2016 (UTC)|
1) Interviewed about WikiProject Molecular and Cell Biology on 20 May 2015
|3RRR radio Interviews||
1) Interviewed about Directed evolution and Wikipedia editing in general on 3RRR radio's Einstein A Go-Go show on 18 Oct 2015
|Wikimedia Foundation Blog post||Article about incentives for academics and medical professionals to contribute to Wikipedia in the WMF blog on 18 Aug 2016|
|The Cure Award||Thank you for all the great work you are doing promoting Wikipedia and medicine. Best Doc James (talk · contribs · email) 07:32, 1 November 2016 (UTC)|
All text an images that I add to any wiki wiki is released under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY 4.0) - the only requirement for distribution/reuse/adaptation is attribution. If one of my images an image is incorrectly labelled, or if you're uncertain, feel free to message me to confirm.
Evolutionary landscape/fitness landscape - image
Evolvability - image?
Neutral mutation - causes and types
Bacteriophage experimental evolution - currently a crazy mess
Mutations - expand 'beneficial mutations' and clean up 'DFE'
Defensin - requires overhaul
Cyclic peptide - expand and separate cyclic proteins section
Active site - new images
Binding site - new images
Oxyanion hole - image, chemistry, examples
Directional selection - improve image
Genome engineering - merge with genome editing?
Protein structure - evolution/conservation
Help:intro to pages - New welcome, MOS, navidation?
Protein stability - create or insert into existing article?
Hairpinin - create
- Shafee, T (2015). "My second life as a Wikipedian". latrobe.edu.au. RED Alert, La Trobe University. Retrieved 2016-08-22.
- Shafee, T (2018). "Wikipedia as an outreach platform". La Trobe Institute for Molecular Science.
- Shafee, T (2016). "Wikipedia Editing for Scientists". Lorne Proteins.
- Shafee, T (2016). "Wikipedia Editing for Scientists". Society for Molecular Biology and Evolution.
- Shafee, T (2016). "Women in Antarctic Research Wikibomb". Scientific Committee for Antarctic Research. (WiKipedia meetup page)
- Shafee, T (2016-08-18). "Engaging diverse communities to profile women of Antarctica". The Signpost.
- Savage, S; Strugnell, J; Shafee, T (31 August 2016). "Parallel Lines" (Audio interview). 3RRR radio.
- Shafee, T. "Health Literacy". Torque Global Health Education Program. Archived from the original on 2017-04-18.
- Strugnell, J; Shafee, T; Wilson, N; Downey, R; Stevens, C; Shaw, J; Baeseman, J. "Profiles: Kudos for female Antarctic researchers". Nature. 536 (7615): 148–148. doi:10.1038/536148b.
- Masukume, G; Kipersztok, L; Das, D; Shafee, T; Laurent, M; Heilman, J (November 2016). "Medical journals and WP: a global health matter". The Lancet Global Health. 4 (11): e791. doi:10.1016/S2214-109X(16)30254-6.
- Shafee, T. "Wikipedia is already the world's 'Dr Google' – it's time for doctors and researchers to make it better". The Conversation. Retrieved 2016-10-18.
- Shafee, T; Mietchen, D; Su, A (August 2017). "Academics can help shape Wikipedia". Science. 357 (6351): 557–558. doi:10.1126/science.aao0462.
- Shafee, T; Masukume, G; Kipersztok, L; Das, D; Häggström, M; Heilman, J (August 2017). "Evolution of Wikipedia's medical content: past, present and future". JECH. doi:10.1136/jech-2016-208601. PMID 28847845.
- Shafee, T; Das, D; Masukume, G; Häggström, M. "WikiJournal of Medicine, the first Wikipedia-integrated academic journal". WikiJournal of Medicine. 4. doi:10.15347/wjm/2017.001.
- Shafee, T (2018-06-01). "The aims and scope of WikiJournal of Science". WikiJournal of Science. 1 (1): 1. doi:10.15347/wjs/2018.001.
- Shafee, Thomas (2017). "Wikipedia-integrated publishing: a comparison of successful models". Health Inform. 26 (2). doi:10.13140/RG.2.2.27470.77129.
- Ann Luk (2017-04-12). "Continuing to Bridge the Journal-Wikipedia Gap: Introducing Topic Pages for PLOS Genetics". PLOS Biologue. Retrieved 2017-05-31.