|This user is on a wiki break: I've become inundated with an increase in responsibilities in other areas and have seen my efforts here reduced to the occasional revert of good faith edits to pages on my watch list. As I'd rather be known for having contributed more productively my efforts in the near foreseeable future will be confined to occasional new page patrol reviews and I will be neither creating new article content nor contributing to discussions. I'd like to retain my NPP user rights during this period. is taking a short wikibreak and will be back on Wikipedia soon.|
|This is a Wikipedia user page.|
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user whom this page is about may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
BUT WHAT ABOUT FREE SPEECH?!
|Search user languages|
Hello. My name is Elliott. I'm a designer and artist living in Shanghai, China. I enjoy contributing to Wikipedia and have started some articles. I've edited Wikipedia for about three years now. In terms of experience, I'm an intermediate User. I have basic knowledge of article creation, editing processes, policy and dispute mediation. I have had an article approved through the Articles for Creation (AfC) process and consider this to be a useful process, even for registered users, to get to grips with the basic requirements for articles.
- 1 Wikistan
- 2 Quotes
- 3 My drafts and subpages
- 4 Tools and Resources
- 5 Articles I've Created
- 6 Other work
- 7 External Links
- 8 Categories and Badges
Based on the wiki- platform, Wikistan, meaning “Wiki” - a Hawaiian word for quick, and “-stan” - from Persian, meaning the land of, is is a plan in the offing where interested Wikipedians can come and write their own laws for an open system of government in a country whose borders have not yet been defined. In true Wikipedian style, the policies by which Wikistan is governed are based on consensus through discussion, with the actual laws being subject to various levels of protection where required. A country with open borders, anyone who cares to create an account and edit can be considered a citizen. It is yet to be decided whether neglecting to follow policy will result in exile, but it’s certainly on the table for discussion.
Wikistan will be an outwardly peaceful society. Human beings are prone to bickering, and as seasoned users here will understand, Wikipedia is no exception to this weakness. Its editors are just as inclined toward conflict as any other large group of people committed to a sprawling task. The strength of our project lies in being able to take this (sometimes hair raising) stream of disgruntled cantankering and turn it into a relatively innocuous supplement to one’s bookshelf. This strength, with regard to organizing a peaceful society, is not to be overlooked. Bulwer-Lytton’s adage, “the pen is mightier than the sword”, holds true only if through open publishing, those who are standing on the wrong ends of swords have a chance to point out how they feel about them. Perhaps (murkying the metaphor further somewhat) if the people belabored by those same swords can directly contribute to consensus regarding their potential repurposing as ploughshares we will end up living in a fairly benign place.
Those interested in becoming citizens, especially those who have knowledge of server maintenance, should contact me on my talk page.
"I can only believe in things which aren't true; if they were “true” I’d know them instead" EH '07
My drafts and subpagesEdit
Most of these pages are just sandboxes and testing areas for markup etc, listed here for quick viewing and easy access by myself and others. If I ever create any actual useful content (Todo) I will put it in tabs at top.
Tools and ResourcesEdit
Helpful pages on Wikipedia content and tools for editing.
Page curation tools to be used when reviewing pages from the NPP lists
Suggested: Open each of these links as tabs in a separate window when curating pages - cross reference each page with CSD, NPP flow chart.
=== Vandalism and page alerts ===4
Questions and general info for new usersEdit
Articles I've CreatedEdit
Interior Design Biographies StartedEdit
- These biographies on interior designers are started with the aim of broadening the depth of information related to interior design on Wikipedia. I am starting them as kick off points and hope that they are notable enough to be expanded by people knowledgeable on the subject. As well as help with the expansion and copy editing, as a beginner editor on wikipedia I would very much appreciate help from people who can assist me with sourcing images, which are of great worth to this subject, without infringing Wikipedia's copyright standards. They are listed below in order of their creation and in general, more recently created articles are more likely to be in need of expansion and editing.
- 01) Steve Leung - Chinese interior designer
- 02) John Saladino - American interior designer
- 03) Juan Montoya (Interior Designer) American Columbian interior designer - Accepted via wp:AfC
- 04) neri & hu
- 05) Jaya Ibrahim
- 06) Ken Walker (Interior designer)
- 07) Lawrence Lerner (Architect)
- 08) Richard Himmel
- 09) Henry End
- 10) Benjamin Baldwin
- interiordesign.net hall of fame - Most of these designers shouldn't be missing from the project.
- Michael Taylor - already created - improve or use as template
- Warren Platner - already created - improve or use as template
- Sister Parish - already created - improve or use as template
- Melanie Kahane - already created - improve or use as template
- Angelo Donghia - already created - improve or use as template
- Barbara D'Arcy - already created - improve or use as template
- Mario Buatta - already created - improve or use as template
Other Biographies StartedEdit
- 1) Thordis Elva, Icelandic rape survivor, Author and Journalist
- 2) Valentino Talluto, Italian man convicted of Criminal transmission of HIV
- 3) Kate Williams (pianist), London born Jazz Pianist, daughter of John Williams (guitarist)
- 4) Daryl Aiden_Yow, Singaporean photographer who was the center of a photo manipulation scandal
Off wiki project feminism workEdit
External links or useful links to articles I intend to create