User talk:Comet Egypt
- Editing with an IP while you are blocked is called sockpuppetry and is against the rules. While you are blocked you cannot edit Wikipedia under any circumstances! You cannot use an IP to do so, you cannot make a new account, you cannot use someone else's account -- you are blocked from editing for an indefinite period. Any comments you wish to make must be made via e-mail. Beyond My Ken (talk) 23:38, 21 January 2011 (UTC)
Hello. This message is being sent to inform you that there currently is a discussion at Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents regarding an issue with which you may have been involved. Thank you.
You Have Been UnblockedEdit
- May I ask what "I Am Mewtwo" means?
You know, it would be best if you were to consider yourself on probation. Edit articles, provide content, and stop the bullsh**, or you're going to find yourself blocked again. You've been given a second chance, use it wisely. Beyond My Ken (talk) 03:39, 8 July 2011 (UTC)
Two things: Beyond my Ken, I am mewtwo is a signature I came up with because I happen to like Mewtwo, and second, I hereby forbid words like the S word, in any context on my talk page, as I am highly against any swairing at all. I have put stars in place of the I and the T, don't judge me before you get to know me please, thanks. Comet Egypt I Am Mewtwo 04:12, 8 July 2011 (UTC)
- Three things: Don't start lines with a space, it messes up the formatting (which I fixed); you don't get to "hereby forbid" anything at all, the Wikipedia community decides what is right and wrong; and Beyond My Ken is entirely correct to advise you to consider ourself under probation. You very much are under scrutiny here, so be very careful with your edits. This is an encyclopedia, not a chat room. I and many other editors will be watching what you do quite carefully. Franamax (talk) 04:27, 8 July 2011 (UTC)
I just don't like BYK's approach to it, I'm highly against swairing, which may seem babyish, but truth be told I don't care if it is babyish or not. Am I allowed to at least bleap the curses out in my talk page at all? Comet Egypt I Am Mewtwo 04:38, 8 July 2011 (UTC)
- Comet Egypt, I will be watching every contribution you make to Wikipedia. If they are of the same substandard quality of these comments you have made, they will be deleted. You must pay attention to (1) spelling (2) grammar and (3) content. So far, you have not done well. To do better, you must try harder. Beyond My Ken (talk) 04:49, 8 July 2011 (UTC)
- (edit conflict) You can request that other editors not use profanity on your own talk page, and if they keep doing it then the other editor would be viewed poorly. BMK is a reasonable editor, so I don't think there will be any future problems. As far as I'm concerned, you are OK to bleep profanity the way you did on your own talk page, as long as you note that you have done so. You don't "own" your talk page, but you do get a large degree of control over it, and if you don't want to see profanity on it, it's fine with me. Just remember that you can't actually "forbid" anything, you have to work with all of us. BMK is right about your spelling too. I understand that you sound out words since you can't see the actual letters, but can you not find a spell-checker to help you? "Swair" is not a word in any dictionary, you want to type "swear". You do need to make some extra effort to compensate for your disability, just as we make the extra effort to accomodate you. Both sides have to work at this, but mostly yourself. While I'm here, please read up on proper indenting in talk page threads, to respond to someone else, use the same number of colons as the post above, plus one. This indents your reply to the proper spot. It is a visual thing, so not a big deal here at least, but if you are discussing on article talk pages it becomes important to show who you are replying to. Franamax (talk) 05:08, 8 July 2011 (UTC)
Thanks, I agree, I've always been such a freak when it comes to my spelling and grammar mistakes, especially when it comes to the words "At all." I understand where you're getting at. Comet Egypt I Am Mewtwo 04:59, 8 July 2011 (UTC)
- (ec) Comet: "swairing" = swearing; "bleap" = bleep. "BYK"= BMK. Please use a dictionary if you are not 100% certain of how a word is spelled. Do not put it on other editors to correct your mistakes. And do not censor other people's comments, even on your own talk page, which is not actually yours, it belongs to the project.
I will do my best to honor your preference and not use swear words on your talk page, but, in return, you must realize that Wikipedia is not only not a chat room (as Franamax said), it is also not a place for fans to write about their favorite programs without regard for whether it is something that should be in an encyclopedia. That is, after all, what we're writing here, an encyclopedia, and not every single nuance about your favorite show or game or book is necessarily pertinent to that project. Please think about what you're writing before you write it. Beyond My Ken (talk) 05:12, 8 July 2011 (UTC)
No interaction with BMKEdit
As of this moment, unless it is an agreement to quit being such a pesamest, I don't want any interaction with BMK what so ever, basicly, I do want him to leave me allone and not interact with me for any reason. this means no snide comments at me, and mostly, I want him uninvolved with me, and if he continues his behavior then I will feel free and unhappy about taking him to AN/I. If you need clairification on why I don't want any interaction with Beyond my Ken, its because he not only dismisses my message on his talk page as "No business editing here" on his talk page, but he also proves to be vary negative, and I am in every right when I say he has absolutely no authority over me at all. Strangers cannot and do not have authority over me, i'm just playing it extremely safe, and if I find that he feels he does have authority over me, then I feel that he is putting my safety at risk because I don't trust him at all. So basicly, Beyond my Ken, leave me allone, and quit trying to improve your authority status. Trust and authority do go hand in hand. I trust Franamax for example, so he has friendly authority over me, not that he's my mother, but I trust him enough to allow him some authority, but not like that of a teacher or, cop or parent. Beyond my ken, I don't trust him at all, so I have no fear in saying that he has absolutely posatively no authority. If I am wrong then i'drather hear it from someone I trust. I am willing though to let BMK proove that I can trust him, in fact, I wish that I did trust him, but to me he proves untrustworthy. His advice on my spelling is helpfullthough, and I thank him for that, it doesn't mean I trust him. Comet Egypt I Am Mewtwo 05:38, 8 July 2011 (UTC)
Serious issues clearly remain with this editor and my unblock (executed only hours ago) was a failed experiment. I have reinstated the indefinite block. I do not recommend considering any appeals. Toddst1 (talk) 05:50, 8 July 2011 (UTC)
New ip is in signatureEdit
- Duly blocked. Your previous IP address is free of any restrictions and the new residents can make their own way on Wikipedia. I've blanked that talk page, so they will get an orange message bar the first time they connect to this site, but won't have to read the whole history. Thanks for the notice. Franamax (talk) 00:58, 28 July 2011 (UTC)