This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017)
Ural Typhoon is Russia's multi-functional, modular, armoured, mine resistant vehicle family. The chassis consists of the car bonnet, frame, three-axle drive, bonneted frame and chassis. The Typhoon is part of Russia's large vehicle Typhoon program.
|Type||Infantry mobility vehicle|
|Place of origin||Russian Federation|
|Used by||Russian Armed Forces|
|Designer||Military Industrial Company|
|Manufacturer||Ural Automotive Plant|
|1120 mi (1800 km)|
|Maximum speed||65mph (105 km/h)|
Can be used as reconnaissance, command and staff vehicles, machinery EW / RTR or communications, ambulance or to conduct engineering, radiation, chemical and biological reconnaissance of transportation.
A Ukrainian military intelligence report has the truck to offer “weak protection against damage by small arms” 
Two variants have been identified thus far:
- Total weight: 24 tons
- Crew: 3 + 16 in module
- Configuration: 6 × 6
- Power: YaMZ-5367 450 hp turbodiesel
- Transmission: six-speed automatic transmission,
- Transfer Case: mechanical two-stage,
- Tyres: bullet-proof with automatic sealing
- Armor type: Laminated glass and composite (steel and ceramic)
- Protection class: proof from 14.5 mm armor-piercing bullets, up to 8 kg of explosives underneath
- Armament: remote-controlled unit mounting a 7.62 mm HMG or 14.5 mm KPV HMG, loopholes
- Crew: 3 + 12
- http://old.redstar.ru/2011/09/14_09/1_01.html (Yuri Avdeev The attraction of Nizhny Tagil "Red Star" (14 September 2011). Retrieved October 12, 2012)
- Miriah Davis (August 11, 2022). "Russian weapons are old and ineffective, new report from Ukraine's Ministry of Defence says". www.skynews.com.au. Retrieved August 13, 2022.
- "«Группа ГАЗ» представляет перспективные".