University of Windsor Stadium
University of Windsor Stadium, also known as Alumni Field, South Campus Stadium and St. Denis Centre Stadium, is a 2,000-seat stadium located in Windsor, Ontario, Canada, the stadium is mainly used for soccer and Canadian football. It is home to the Windsor Lancers.
|Former names||Alumni Field |
Sout Campus Stadium
St. Dennis Centre Stadium
|Owner||University of Windsor|
|Operator||University of Windsor|
|Broke ground||September 2004|
|Architect||J.P. Thomson Associates Ltd.|
|Main contractors||Eastern Construction|
|Windsor Lancers 2005–present|
The stadium was built in conjunction with the city of Windsor, Ontario to host the 2005 Pan American Junior Athletics Championships. The total project cost $8.6 million and was built by Eastern Construction and designed by JP Thomson Associates Ltd. The stadium was opened in June 2005.
A FieldTurf playing surface was added to the stadium after a fundraising initiative, including a large donation of $500,000 from the University of Windsor Alumni Association. At the time, this donation was the largest gift ever in the organization's history.
- "New University of Windsor Outdoor Stadium". web4.uwindsor.ca. Retrieved March 2, 2020.
- "Pre-Games training site: University of Windsor Stadium (Athletics)". www.ontario.ca. Retrieved March 2, 2020.
- "University of Windsor – Athletic Stadium | Eastern Construction". www.easternconstruction.com. Retrieved March 2, 2020.
- "Our Facilities". Lancer Recreation. Retrieved March 2, 2020.
- "About the St. Denis Centre". University of Windsor Athletics. Retrieved March 2, 2020.
- Windsor, University of (April 1, 2008). "begin Artificial Turf Installation" (PDF). HK newsletter.
- "Countries Win Inaugural All Star". July 28, 2007. Retrieved July 15, 2008.
- "Canadian Track and Field Trials 2008". web.archive.org. May 10, 2008. Retrieved April 4, 2020.