University of Utah Hospital
The University of Utah Hospital is a research and teaching hospital on the campus of the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, Utah. It serves as a major regional referral center for Utah and the surrounding states of Idaho, Nevada, Wyoming, Montana and New Mexico. University of Utah Health Care is praised for the following specialties: cardiology, geriatrics, gynecology, pediatrics, rheumatology, pulmonology, neurology, oncology, orthopedics, and ophthalmology.
|University of Utah Hospital|
|University of Utah Health Care|
|Location||Salt Lake City, Utah, United States|
|Affiliated university||University of Utah|
|Standards||DNV Healthcare accreditation|
|Emergency department||Level I trauma center|
|Lists||Hospitals in Utah|
In September 1981, an expansion to the old building was dedicated.
In 2007 the George S. and Dolores Dore Eccles Critical Care Pavilion, an addition to the hospital was opened. A new $200-million patient care pavilion, with space for an additional 100 private patient rooms, was dedicated in July 2009.
In July 2017, the hospital was part of an incident where the police detective Jeff Payne arrested the nurse Alex Wubbels. Payne asked Wubbels to provide a blood sample from an unconscious patient, and she was arrested when she refused. Wubbels was later released and no charges were brought against her. In September 2017, after footage of the incident went viral, the hospital announced changes to the hospital protocol meant to stop a similar incident from happening in the future. Under this new protocol, police officers will not be allowed in patient-care areas and will speak with "house supervisors" instead of nurses.
The University of Utah Health Sciences medical campus houses the School of Medicine, Intermountain Burn Unit, Huntsman Cancer Institute, Moran Eye Center, University Orthopaedic Center, University Neuropsychiatric Institute, and Primary Children's Hospital, the only children's hospital in Utah. Primary Children's Hospital, though linked to the University of Utah Health Care is owned and operated by Intermountain Health Care
As part of that system, University Hospitals & Clinics relies on more than 1,100 board-certified physicians, 10 community clinics, and several specialty centers, including the Cardiovascular Center, the Clinical Neurosciences Center, and the Utah Diabetes Center.
- University of Utah Health Care History and Achievements
- New York Times
- "A Century of Brilliance: Milestones". University of Utah. Retrieved 2010-08-02.
- A New Era in Patient Care:University of Utah Hospital Opens New Pavilion 
- Nobel Prize Winners
- Manson, Pamela (August 31, 2017). "Video shows Utah nurse screaming, being handcuffed after refusing to take blood from unconscious victim". The Salt Lake Tribune. Retrieved September 6, 2017.
- Reavy, Pat (August 31, 2017). "'Stop! I've done nothing wrong': Nurse shares police video of 'crazy' arrest by S.L. officer". Deseret News. Retrieved September 6, 2017.
- Barbash, Fred; Hawkins, Derek (September 5, 2017). "Utah hospital to police: Stay away from our nurses". The Washington Post. Retrieved September 6, 2017.
- University of Utah Health