University of Hawaii–West Oahu
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The University of Hawaiʻi–West Oʻahu (UHWO), is a public university and one of ten branches of the University of Hawaiʻi system. It offers baccalaureate degrees in liberal arts and professional studies. Hawaii–West Oahu opened in January 1976, and since 1981 has been fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Until 2007 the school offered only third- and fourth-year courses, and became a four-year university in that year.
|Type||Public, co-ed state university|
|Chancellor||Maenette K. P. Ah Nee-Benham|
|Students||2,944 (Spring 2018)|
|Location||Kapolei, Hawaii, U.S.
|Colors||Red and Black|
A new campus opened in August 2012 for the 2012–2013 school year. The school was formerly near Leeward Community College, and moved just over 5 miles (8.0 km) to the west-southwest, to East Kapolei.
Bachelor of Arts degrees are offered in accounting, anthropology, emergency management, early childhood education, economics, English, business administration, public administration, Hawaiian-Pacific studies, health administration, history, justice administration, marketing, philosophy, political science, psychology, and sociology. The university also offers a bachelor of education in primary education and bachelor of applied science degrees in respiratory care, computer networking technology and culinary management. Certificate programs are offered in forensic anthropology, disaster preparedness & emergency management, health administration and substance abuse & addictions studies. The university offers baccalaureate degrees through distance learning programs in collaboration with University and Education Centers located on every Hawaiian island.
Clubs and OrganizationsEdit
UH West Oʻahu offers an accounting club to students who are majoring in accounting or want to join a club for fun. The club was created in 2000 and their purpose is to network students with professionals and improve their skills in the accounting industry. 
Student National Education AssociationEdit
The Student National Education Association (SNEA), also known as Education Club, is for students who're majoring in education. SNEA helps students to improve and expand their knowledge of the teaching profession at UHWO. SNEA provides an opportunity for future teachers to be involved with other local teachers in the state and participate in the national student leadership conference. 
The Associated Students of University of Hawai'i, West OahuEdit
The Associated Students of University of Hawaiʻi–West Oʻahu (ASUHWO) is an organization of the student body government committee that helps support student groups and organizes school functions and funding for students. ASUHWO has committee officers such as President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and other Senators from each class division.
The University of Hawaiʻi West Oahu features an intramural sports program. The program is available to all students enrolled for the current semester. The program consists of five sports including: flag football, volleyball, basketball, soccer, and softball. 
The student to faculty ratio is 24:1.
Recognitions and awardsEdit
The University of Hawaii–West Oahu was included on the 2010 List of Military Friendly Schools.
- UH West Oʻahu Chancellor's Office webpage/
- Office of the President - University of Hawaiʻi
- UH West Oahu Staff Directory
- Institutional Research & Analysis Office
- University of Hawaiʻi - West Oʻahu: Accreditation
- Midweek.com West Coverstory - April 4, 2007
- The New Campus - UH West Oahu
- UH West O'ʻahu website: "Majors", retrieved on October 21, 2009.
- University of Hawaiʻi–West Oʻahu Accounting Club, https://acctclubatuhwo.wixsite.com/acctclubatuhwo, retrieved on 12 April 2018.
- University of Hawaiʻi–West Oʻahu Education Club, https://www.sneauhwo.org/about-us, retrieved on 12 April 2018.
- Associated Students of the University of Hawaiʻi–West Oʻahu, https://www.asuhwo.com/, retrieved 12 April 2018.
- University of Hawaiʻi–West Oʻahu Intramural Sports, https://www.uhwo.hawaii.edu/im/about-us/, retrieved 12 April 2018.
- University of Hawaii Systems Website, West Oahu Campus, retrieved November 15, 2009
- City-Town Info website
- University of Hawaiʻi–West Oʻahu Chancellor's Office, https://www.uhwo.hawaii.edu/about-us/chancellors-office/, retrieved 12 April 2018.
- University of Hawaiʻi–West Oʻahu General Catalog (Kapolei, HI: University of Hawaiʻi–West Oʻahu, 2015-2016), 5.
- 2010 Guide to Military Friendly Schools, retrieved on October 21, 2009
- KGMB 9 News Hawaiʻi, retrieved on October 21, 2009.
- University of Hawaiʻi System website, retrieved on October 21, 2009.