University of Colorado Hospital
|UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital|
A view of the hospital in 2013 showing the original building (right) and the new inpatient tower (left).
|Location||12605 East 16th Avenue, Aurora, Colorado, United States|
|Affiliated university||University of Colorado School of Medicine|
|Lists||Hospitals in Colorado|
UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital or University Hospital (formerly named Colorado General Hospital) is part of UCHealth (formerly known as University of Colorado Health) and is a Level I trauma center and the principal teaching hospital for the University of Colorado School of Medicine, located in Aurora, Colorado.
In the 2017–2018 U.S. News and World Report hospital rankings, UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital ranked in the top 50 for 11 medical specialties and was rated the #15 overall adult hospital in the country.
|Cardiology & Heart Surgery||#32|
|Diabetes & Endocrinology||#6|
|Neurology & Neurosurgery||#28|
In 2005, UCH was redesignated by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) as a magnet facility. In 2010, the hospital received its third redesignation of Magnet status. The hospital is currently pursuing its fourth Magnet designation.
- The Anschutz Inpatient Pavilion
- The Anschutz Outpatient Pavilion
- The Anschutz Cancer Pavilion
- Rocky Mountain Lions Eye Institute
- May Bonfils Stanton Clinics
- Center for Dependency, Addiction and Rehabilitation
- The Lone Tree Health Center
- Six primary care clinics located in Aurora, Denver, Westminster, Boulder and Lone Tree
The University of Colorado University Hospital was originally created on October 1, 1989, as a nonprofit corporation pursuant to an act of the Colorado General Assembly, and after the act was declared unconstitutional by the Colorado Supreme Court in 1990, was recreated in 1991 as the University of Colorado Hospital Authority as a government agency. University of Colorado Health was formed on 1 July 2012 (doing business as UCHealth since 2014) as a joint operating company between the authority and Poudre Valley Health (of Poudre Valley Hospital).
In 2015, Adeptus Health announced a partnership with UCHealth to develop emergency care facilities in Denver, Colorado Springs, and northern Colorado, including 12 existing First Choice emergency rooms along with two new ones.
- "UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital (UCH) - Metro Denver". www.uchealth.org.
- "University of Colorado Hospital in Aurora, CO - US News Best Hospitals". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved 2012-07-21.
- "Magnet-Designated Facility Information: University of Colorado Hospital". American Nurses Credentialing Center. Archived from the original on 2007-12-08. Retrieved 2007-10-16.
- HB 89-1142, chapter 193 of the 1989 Session Laws of Colorado, page 995 et seq., enacted 21 April 1989. SB 91-225, chapter 99 of the 1991 Session Laws of Colorado, page 555 et seq. Colo. Ass'n of Pub. Emp. v. B. of Regents, 804 P.2d 138 (Colo. 1990).
- Pankratz, Howard (31 January 2012). "Poudre Valley Health, University Hospital join forces". The Denver Post.
- Rappleye, Emily (21 April 2015). "UCHealth, Adeptus Health to partner on emergency care". Becker's Hospital Review. Retrieved 11 May 2015.
- Sealover, Ed (21 April 2015). "UCHealth to grow with deal for First Choice ER facilities". Denver Business Journal. Retrieved 11 May 2015.
|This article relating to a hospital in Colorado is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|