University of Belgrade Faculty of Economics
The University of Belgrade Faculty of Economics (Serbian: Економски факултет Универзитета у Београду/Ekonomski fakultet Univerziteta u Beogradu) is one of the educational institutions of the University of Belgrade, Serbia. The building is located in the city center of Belgrade, in the Savski Venac municipality. The Belgrade's School of Economics is Serbia's leading educational institution in business and economics.
Универзитета у Београду
|Economics-Commercial High School (1937–47)|
|Established||31 March 1937|
|Affiliation||University of Belgrade|
|Dean||PhD Branislav Boričić|
Initially established on 31 March 1937 as Economics-Commercial High School, the Faculty of Economics was the first center of higher education dedicated to the study of economics in the Kingdom of Yugoslavia. On 7 February 1947, The Faculty of Economics was included in the composition of the University of Belgrade.
Its curriculum includes courses in economic analysis and policy; marketing; accounting, auditing and financial management; trade and commerce; finance, banking and insurance; tourism and hotel industry; statistics and informatics; management and international economics and foreign trade.
Starting with the 2017–18 winter semester, the faculty offers an international bachelor studies for 30 students in cooperation with the London School of Economics and University of London. After successful completion, students gain parallel degrees from these institutions.
Organization and resourcesEdit
The Faculty has a total of six departments:
- Department for Economic Theory and Analysis
- Department for Economic Policy and Development
- Department for International Economic Relations
- Department for Business Economics and Management
- Department for Accounting and Business Finance
- Department for Statistics and Mathematics
The Faculty includes a library with over 120,000 titles. The Faculty's Publication Center has grown into one of the leading Serbian publishers for economic literature. Its research center has implemented over 800 projects in the field of restructuring, assets valuation, privatization, investment, etc., as well as over one hundred macroeconomic projects for governments and multilateral institutions.
Notable alumni and teaching staffEdit
Some of the school's renowned students and professors include: Rushka Bergman, Sonja Biserko, Mirko Cvetković, Bojan Dimitrijević, Mlađan Dinkić, Diana Dragutinović, Mitja Gaspari, Radovan Jelašić, Srgjan Kerim, Nikola Kljusev, Dragan Maršićanin, Gordana Matković, Branko Milanovic, Slobodan Milosavljević, Miroslav Mišković, Abdul Rahman Munif, Milorad Nedeljković, Ivo Perišin, Aleksandar Pravdić, Toplica Spasojević, Srđan Srećković, Kori Udovički, Ashagre Yigletu, Zaim Topčić and Philip Zepter.
- "Информатор о раду". ekof.bg.ac.rs (in Serbian). Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "Високо образовање 2018/2019" (PDF). stat.gov.rs (in Serbian). Statistical Office of Serbia. Retrieved 21 December 2019.
- "Сарадња са школама". ekof.bg.ac.rs (in Serbian). Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "Distinguished international bachelor studies 'BSc Economic and Finance'". ekof.bg.ac.rs. Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "Kad ovi studenti završe Ekonomski fakultet, dobiće dve diplome". blic.rs (in Serbian). Tanjug. 6 December 2017. Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "Ekof - University of London - joint degree programme".
- Official Website (in Serbian, English)