Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTeM) or Technical University of Malaysia Malacca is a public university located in Durian Tunggal, Alor Gajah, Melaka, Malaysia. It is the pioneer in the use of the "Practice and Application Oriented" teaching and learning method for tertiary level technical education in Malaysia.
|Motto||Excellence Through Competency|
|Established||1 December 2000|
|Chancellor||Tuan Yang Terutama Tun Dato' Seri Haji Mohd Khalil bin Yaakob|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Dr. Raha binti Abdul Rahim|
|Language||English, Bahasa Malaysia|
Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTeM) was established on 1 December 2000. UTeM is the 14th public university in Malaysia. It is a pioneer in the “Practice and Application Oriented” teaching and learning method for technical education in Malaysia.
It was established on 1 December 2000 as the first technical public university in Malaysia. Located in the UNESCO world heritage city of Melaka,
Its eight (8) faculties are supported by two (2) learning centres.
Faculty, Institute & Academic Centre
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering
- Faculty of Electronics and Computer Engineering
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Manufacturing Engineering
- Faculty of Information and Communication Technology
- Faculty of Technology Management and Technopreneurship
- Faculty Of Electrical And Electronic Engineering Technology
- Faculty Of Mechanical And Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Centre For Languages and Human Development
- Institute of Technology Management and Entrepreneurship
General Educational GoalsEdit
- To conduct academic and professional programmes based on relevant needs of the industries.
- To produce graduates with relevant knowledge, technical competency, soft skills, social responsibility and accountability.
- To cultivate scientific method, critical thinking, creative and innovative problem solving and autonomy in decision making amongst graduates.
- To foster development and innovation activities in collaboration with industries for the prosperity of the Nation.
- To equip graduates with leadership and teamwork skills as well as develop communication and lifelong learning skills.
- To develop technopreneurship and managerial skills amongst graduates.
- To instill an appreciation of the arts and cultural values and awareness of healthy life styles amongst graduates.
As of 31 July 2019, there are:
- 10,930 students, where there are:
- 24 Engr.D
- 688 PhD(s) - 403 are International Students
- 664 Masters - 113 are International Students
- 8,383 Bachelor Degree - 161 are International Students
- 1,171 Diploma
- 26,418 Graduates since 2005
Graduates' General EmployabilityEdit
As of 31 May 2019, the Graduates' General Employability rate is 86%, with the breakdown statistics of:
- 65.3% Working
- 12.57% Pursuing Further Education
- 3% Improving Skillsets
- 5.13% Waiting for Placement
As of September 2019, there are 86 programmes offered:
- 13 PhD Programmes
- 37 Masters Programmes
- 29 Degree Programmes
- 5 Diploma Programmes
- 2 New B.Tech Programmes to be introduced September 2019
As of 31 May 2019, there are 2,067 staffs, with the following breakdown:
- 31 Professors
- 95 Assistant Professors
- 396 Assistant Lecturers
- 290 Lecturers
- 15 Language Teachers
- 52 Teaching Engineers
- 212 Academic Administratives
- 972 Executive Administratives
- Of the 2,067 staffs, there are 326 certified professionals, with the following breakdown:
- 182 Technologist(s)
- 42 Ingenieur(s)
- 56 Chartered Engineer(s)
- 42 Certified Technician(s)
- 3 Geospatialist(s)
- 1 L.Ar
- Naib Canselor UTEM
- "UTeM -Fun Facts". UTeM. Retrieved 28 May 2019.
- "The Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning". www.seameo.org.
- "Aspirasi UTeM Bersama Naib Canselor". Retrieved 7 August 2019 – via Facebook.
- Official website
- UTeM Library
- Vice Chancellor
- Official website - IPTA application
- Education Malaysia
- Malaysian Qualifications Agency
- UTeM Journal