Università degli Studi della Campania Luigi Vanvitelli
This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (July 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The University of Campania Luigi Vanvitelli (Italian: Università degli Studi della Campania "Luigi Vanvitelli") is an Italian research university founded in late 1991. Its main seat is in Caserta, but its academic departments are also located in a series of historic and contemporary buildings in Naples, Aversa, Capua and Santa Maria Capua Vetere.
Università degli Studi della Campania "Luigi Vanvitelli"
|Sports teams||CUS Caserta|
It was previously named The Second University of Naples, as it was created to reduce University of Naples Federico II's overload.
History and profileEdit
The first Academic Year started on 1 November 1992.
Notably, the Primo Policlinico di Napoli was one of the oldest university hospitals in Naples. It also represents one of the university's core buildings, located in the city of Naples.
The University of Campania Luigi Vanvitelli is divided into academic departments, service and research centres.
- School of Polytechnics and of the Basic Sciences
- Department of Mathematics and Physics
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Political Science Jean Monnet
- Department of Environmental, Biological and Pharmaceutical Sciences and Technologies
- School of Medical Sciences
- Department of Precision Medicine
- Department of General and Specialised Surgery for Women and Children
- Department of Experimental Medicine
- Multidisciplinary Department of Medicine for Surgery and Orthodontics
- Department of Mental, Physical Health and Preventive Medicine
- Department of Cardiothoracic and Respiratory Sciences
- Medical, Surgical, Neurologic, Metabolic and Aging Sciences
Santa Maria Capua VetereEdit
- (in English) University of Campania Luigi Vanvitelli Website