United Team of Germany at the 1960 Summer Olympics
Athletes from East Germany (German Democratic Republic; GDR) and West Germany (Federal Republic of Germany; FRG) competed together as the United Team of Germany at the 1960 Summer Olympics in Rome, Italy. 293 competitors, 238 men and 55 women, took part in 148 events in 17 sports.
|United Team of Germany at the|
1960 Summer Olympics
|NOC||United Team of Germany|
|Competitors||293 (238 men, 55 women) in 17 sports|
|Flag bearer||Fritz Thiedemann (equestrian)|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
|Other related appearances|
| Germany (1896–1936, 1992–)|
East Germany (1968–1988)
West Germany (1968–1988)
14 male cyclists represented Germany in 1960.
19 fencers, 13 men and 6 women, represented Germany in 1960.
Three male pentathletes represented Germany in 1960.
- Wolfgang Gödicke
- Dieter Krickow
- Ralf Berckhan
- Men's single sculls – 2nd place ( silver medal)
- Men's coxless pair – 4th place
- Men's coxed pair – 1st place ( gold medal)
- Men's coxed four – 1st place ( gold medal)
- Men's eight – 1st place ( gold medal)
- "Germany at the 1960 Rome Summer Games". sports-reference.com. Retrieved 2 August 2014.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Germany Hockey at the 1960 Roma Summer Games". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 1 June 2016.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Germany Rowing at the 1960 Roma Summer Games". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 23 February 2018.