United States Senate election in Illinois, 2002
The United States Senate election in Illinois was held on November 5, 2002. Incumbent Democratic United States Senator Dick Durbin sought re-election to a second term in the United States Senate. Durbin faced off against State Representative Jim Durkin, whom he was able to easily beat, ensuring his return to the Senate.
|Democratic||Dick Durbin (Incumbent)||918,467||100.00%|
- Jim Durkin, Illinois State Representative
- Jim Oberweis, owner of Oberweis Dairy
- John H. Cox, businessman
|Republican||John H. Cox||187,706||22.74%|
- Complete video of debate, October 23, 2002
Durbin won re-election to a second term easily, carrying a majority of the states 102 counties.
|Democratic||Dick Durbin (Incumbent)||2,103,766||60.33%||+4.25%|
- "Ballots Cast". Elections.il.gov. March 19, 2002. Retrieved April 4, 2015.
- "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 5, 2002" (PDF). Clerk.house.gov. Retrieved April 4, 2015.