United Regions of Serbia
The United Regions of Serbia (Serbian: Уједињени региони Србије, УPC / Ujedinjeni regioni Srbije, URS) was a regionalist, liberal-conservative political party in Serbia. It was founded on 16 May 2010 as a political coalition, and became a unified political party on 21 April 2013. The URS advocated decentralization and was pro-business.
|Founded||16 May 2010 (as coalition)|
20 April 2013 (as party)
|Dissolved||13 November 2015|
|Preceded by||G17 Plus|
|European affiliation||European People's Party (Associate)|
|International affiliation||International Democrat Union (IDU)|
The URS received 5.51% of the popular vote in the 2012 parliamentary election. Following the election, the URS formed a coalition government with the Serbian Progressive Party and Socialist Party of Serbia. On 31 July 2013 the URS was ousted from the government and became opposition.
On 13 November 2015 the party was removed from the register of political parties and ceased to exist, which was controversial because the party had over a million euros of unpaid debt. It had already been defunct for more than a year, according to the former president Mlađan Dinkić.
|Election||# of votes||% of vote||# of seats||+/-||Notes||Government|
16 / 250
|16||run as coalition||gov't. (–2013)|
0 / 250
|16||run as party||non-parliamentary|
|Election year||Candidate||#||1st round votes||% of popular vote||#||2nd round votes||% of popular vote|
Leadership of the United Regions of SerbiaEdit
|#||President||Born–Died||Term start||Term end|
|1||Mlađan Dinkić||1964–||16 May 2010||18 March 2014|
|a||Veroljub Stevanović||1946–||18 March 2014
|13 November 2015|
- "Partijsku knjižicu ima više od milion građana". Blic (in Serbian).
- Nordsieck, Wolfram (2014). "Serbia". Parties and Elections in Europe. Archived from the original on 30 September 2015.
- "URS po ugledu na CDU". Politika. 11 October 2012. Retrieved 21 October 2012.
- "URS becomes party, Dinkić chosen as first leader". B92. 20 April 2013. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- Vasovic, Aleksander (12 June 2012). "Serbia's Democrats close in on coalition government". Reuters. Retrieved 1 July 2012.
- "Serb Socialists to form coalition". The Herald. 12 June 2012. Retrieved 1 July 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to United Regions of Serbia.|