Ulvila (Swedish: Ulvsby) is a town and municipality of Finland. It is one of the six medieval cities of Finland, as well as the third oldest city in the country. However, its position as a city, which it had since the 14th century, was taken over by Pori in the 16th century.
|Charter (as a town)||1365|
|Lost town privileges||1558|
|Gained town privileges||2000|
|• Town manager||Mikko Löfbacka|
|• Total||422.51 km2 (163.13 sq mi)|
|• Land||400.70 km2 (154.71 sq mi)|
|• Water||21.82 km2 (8.42 sq mi)|
|Area rank||204th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||82nd largest in Finland|
|• Density||31.75/km2 (82.2/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||98.9% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||16.5%|
|• 15 to 64||56.7%|
|• 65 or older||26.8%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||21.5%|
Ulvila is located in the province of Western Finland and in the region of Satakunta. Ulvila is located just 9 kilometres (5.6 mi) southeast of the city of Pori along Highway 2. The municipality has a population of 12,724 (31 March 2021) and covers an area of 422.51 square kilometres (163.13 sq mi) of which 21.82 km2 (8.42 sq mi) is water. The population density is 31.75 inhabitants per square kilometre (82.2/sq mi).
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
Twin towns — Sister citiesEdit
Ulvila is twinned with:
Kokemäki River at Ulvila
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Preliminary population structure by area, 2021M01*-2021M03*". StatFin (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 2 May 2021.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age (1-year) and sex by area and the regional division of each statistical reference year, 2003-2020". StatFin. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 2 May 2021.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2021" (PDF). Tax Administration of Finland. 1 December 2020. Retrieved 10 April 2021.
- "Satakunnan vaalipiiri - Ulvila - Puolueiden kannatus" (in Finnish). Yle. 6 November 2012. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
Media related to Ulvila at Wikimedia Commons
- Town of Ulvila – Official website, finnish, english