In Mainz, Neymeyr studied Roman Catholic theology and philosophy at Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz. He became on June 12, 1982 priest. On 20 February 2003 Neymeyr was appointed as auxiliary bishop of Mainz and became titular bishop of Maraguia. Since November 22, 2014 Neymeyr is bishop of Roman Catholic Diocese of Erfurt. He followed in Erfurt bishop Joachim Wanke. In December 2018 and again in January 2020, Neymeyr supported married priests in Roman Catholic Church.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ulrich Neymeyr.|
- Diocese Erfurt: Ulrich Neymeyr
- Bishop Neymeyr on website of Roman Catholic Diocese of Mainz
- MDR.de: Kirchenvertreter und Zentralrat der Juden warnen vor Spaltung der Gesellschaft (German)
- "bishop/bneym". Catholic-Hierarchy.org. David M. Cheney.
- RTL.de: Bischof Neymeyr warnt vor "parteilichen Machtspielen" (German)