|Owner||Kenya Airports Authority|
|Location||Ukunda, Kwale County|
|Elevation AMSL||98 ft / 30 m|
The airport operates Air Kenya services to and from Nairobi's Wilson airport as of 2013. Many services are private charter, providing tourist access between beach resorts and inland game reserves.
The Kenya Airports Authority have reported their intention to extend the runway, allowing access to larger aircraft. It is then expected that the airport will offer services to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi, as well as international flights to Zanzibar, Arusha and Dar es Salaam.
Airlines and destinationsEdit
|Mombasa Air Safari||Mombasa|
At 14:15 EAT on 28 November 2002, an Eagle Aviation Let L-410 Turbolet en route to Ukunda from Musiara Airstrip crashed at Mara Intrepids Airstrip after developing engine problems. The crew had decided to attempt an emergency landing, but crashed before landing. There was one fatality, a crew member; the other 18 passengers and remaining crew members survived.
- "Air Kenya Flight Schedules". Kilimanjaro Adventure Travel. 20 February 2008. Retrieved 13 February 2010.
- "UKA Airport Information". FlightStats. Conducive Technology. 2008. Retrieved 13 February 2010.
- "Airstrips - Ukunda Airstrip". Kenya Airports. Kenya Airports Authority. 2010. Retrieved 13 February 2010.
- Fadhili, Fredrick (17 January 2019). "Sh150 million tower lifts Ukunda Airstrip safety". Business Daily Africa. Nairobi. Retrieved 17 January 2019.
- "ASN Aircraft accident Let 410UVP-E20 5Y-ONT Mara Intrepids Airstrip". Aviation Safety Network. 1 February 2006. Retrieved 13 February 2010.