Ukrainian News Agency
The Ukrainian News Agency (Ukrainian: Інформаційне агентство "Українські Новини"; Informatsiyne ahentstvo "Ukrayins'ki Novyny") is a Kiev-based Ukrainian news agency. It produces and provides political, business and financial information, as well as a popular photo reporting service. Since February 2008 the company is part of the Inter Media Group Ltd., formerly U.A. Inter Media Group, which itself is a subsidiary of the Russian-based company GDF Media Ltd. Inter Media Group Limited also owns 61% of the Ukrainian TV channel Inter.
Founded in 1993, by Mykhailo Kolomiets and Volodymyr Hranovskiy the agency now used by about 10,000 clients daily. The agency offers 27 information and analytical products in Russian, Ukrainian and English. Ukrainian News is the only agency in Ukraine that translates 100% of its products into English.
- Contact section - official website
- "Ukrainian News Agency Enters U.A. Inter Media Group", U.A. Inter Media Group Ltd. (5 February 2008)
- "Company Overview of Inter Media Group Limited" Bloomberg
- "Company Overview of GDF Media Ltd." Bloomberg
- "GDF Media Limited Acquires Inter Media Group Limited" (press release) (7 February 2013) GDF
- U.A. Inter Media Group - Official website Archived 21 November 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- About the agency - Official website
- IPI concerned about death of independent news agency's director, International Press Institute (27 November 2002)
- The Ukrainian News agency, U.A. Inter Media Group Ltd. (5 February 2008)