|Born||28 September 1930|
|Died||5 July 2019 (aged 88)|
Born in Rome, Gregoretti entered RAI in 1953, working as a documentarist and a director. In 1960 he won the Premio Italia Award for the television documentary La Sicilia del Gattopardo. In 1962 he made his film debut with the comedy-drama I nuovi angeli. Since 1978 he started his activity on stage as director of prose and opera representations. His activity as director was mainly characterized by a sensitivity to the political and social issues combined to a peculiar use of irony and satire. He was president of the Turin Permanent Theatre from 1980 to 1989 and in 1995 he was nominated president of the Accademia Nazionale di Arte Drammatica Silvio D'Amico. In 2010 he was awarded with a special Lifetime Nastro d'Argento for his career.
- "È morto Ugo Gregoretti, una vita per il cinema e la tv". La Repubblica. 5 July 2019. Retrieved 5 July 2019.
- Felice Cappa; Piero Gelli; Marco Mattarozzi. Dizionario dello spettacolo del '900. Dalai editore, 1998. ISBN 8880892959.
- "Gregoretti, Ugo". Enciclopedia Treccani. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- "Accademia D' Amico arriva Gregoretti". Corriere della Sera. 30 November 1995. p. 36.
- "Nastri d'Argento 2010, omaggio a Trovajoli, Occhini e Gregoretti". MegaModo. 11 May 2010. Retrieved 14 August 2013.