Uganda National Police
The Uganda National Police is the national police force of Uganda. The head of the force is called the Inspector General of Police (IGP). The current IGP is Martin Okoth Ochola. Ochola replaced former IGP, General Edward Kale Kayihura in March 2018.
|Uganda National Police|
Poliisi ya Uganda
|Common name||Uganda Police|
|Map of Uganda National Police's jurisdiction.|
|Size||241,038 square kilometres (93,065 sq mi)|
|Parent agency||Uganda Ministry of Internal Affairs|
|Districts||Districts of Uganda|
Up until April 2014, the official name of the government agency was Uganda Police Force. On that day, the IGP publicly announced the name change.
- "Estimated Uganda Population 2014". Central Intelligence Agency: The World Factbook. Retrieved 12 April 2014.
- Lumu, David (11 April 2014). "Uganda Police changes name". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- Bagala, Andrew (18 March 2015). "Police to get 3 new aircrafts [sic]". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "Augusta Westland [sic] shapes up Ugandan Police Force". African Aerospace. 5 May 2015. Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "Police buys choppers, eyes continental force". Theinsider.ug. 19 March 2015. Retrieved 20 September 2015.