UFC 57: Liddell vs. Couture 3 was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on February 4, 2006. It was held at the Mandalay Bay Events Center on the Las Vegas Strip in Nevada, and broadcast live on pay-per-view in the United States.
|UFC 57: Liddell vs. Couture 3|
The poster for UFC 57: Liddell vs. Couture 3.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||February 4, 2006|
|Venue||Mandalay Bay Events Center|
|City||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Attendance||11,000 (Paid: 10,301)|
Headlining the card was an anticipated rubber match between top UFC stars and former coaches of The Ultimate Fighter Chuck Liddell and Randy Couture, widely touted and marketed as MMA's first major trilogy.
|Light Heavyweight||Chuck Liddell (c)||def.||Randy Couture||KO (punches)||2||1:28||[a]|
|Heavyweight||Brandon Vera||def.||Justin Eilers||KO (head kick and knee)||1||1:25|
|Heavyweight||Marcio Cruz||def.||Frank Mir||TKO (punches and elbows)||1||4:10|
|Light Heavyweight||Renato Sobral||def.||Mike Van Arsdale||Submission (rear-naked choke)||1||2:21|
|Welterweight||Joe Riggs||def.||Nick Diaz||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Light Heavyweight||Alessio Sakara||def.||Elvis Sinosic||Decision (unanimous) (29–25, 29–26, 29–26)||3||5:00||[b]|
|Heavyweight||Paul Buentello||def.||Gilbert Aldana||TKO (punches)||2||2:27|
|Heavyweight||Jeff Monson||def.||Branden Lee Hinkle||Technical Submission (north-south choke)||1||4:35|
|Light Heavyweight||Keith Jardine||def.||Mike Whitehead||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00||[c]|
- For the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship. Couture announces his retirement after the loss.
- Sakara got a point deduction for an illegal vertical elbow to the head of Elvis Sinosic. This match was a preliminary match and was not aired on the pay-per-view broadcast.
- This match was a preliminary match and was not aired on the pay-per-view broadcast.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on July 17, 2006. Retrieved July 23, 2006.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "UFC Establishes New Mark for PPV Buys in 2009 : MMAPayout.com: The Business of MMA". Mmapayout.com. Retrieved 2016-06-17.
- "Ivan's Blog--- Ivan Trembow's Self-Important, Random Rants on Mixed Martial Arts, Video Games, Pro Wrestling, Television, Politics, Sports, and High-Quality Wool Socks". Ivansblog.com. Retrieved 2016-06-17.
- "Liddell’s KO Outshone Only by Couture’s Retirement" by Josh Gross, Sherdog, February 5, 2006, retrieved February 19, 2006
- Mixed martial arts show results, Mandalay Bay, February 4, 2006 (PDF), Nevada State Athletic Commission, retrieved February 23, 2006
- Top MMA Gates, Nevada State Athletic Commission, retrieved February 19, 2006
- UFC PPV Buys Explode in 2006
- UFC Fighter Salaries for 2006 (includes fighter salaries for UFC 57)