UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying Group B
Group B of UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying is one of the ten groups to decide which teams will qualify for the UEFA Euro 2020 finals tournament. Group B consists of five teams: Lithuania, Luxembourg, Portugal (the title holders), Serbia and Ukraine, where they will play against each other home-and-away in a round-robin format.
The top two teams will qualify directly for the finals. Unlike previous editions, the participants of the play-offs will not be decided based on results from the qualifying group stage, but instead based on their performance in the 2018–19 UEFA Nations League.
|1||Ukraine (X)||5||4||1||0||11||1||+10||13||Qualify for final tournament||—||14 Oct||5–0||1–0||11 Oct|
|2||Portugal (X)||4||2||2||0||10||4||+6||8||0–0||—||1–1||11 Oct||14 Nov|
|3||Serbia (X)||5||2||1||2||10||12||−2||7||17 Nov||2–4||—||14 Nov||4–1|
|5||Lithuania (Z)||5||0||1||4||4||15||−11||1||0–3||1–5||14 Oct||1–1||—|
The fixtures were released by UEFA the same day as the draw, which was held on 2 December 2018 in Dublin. Times are CET/CEST,[note 1] as listed by UEFA (local times, if different, are in parentheses).
There have been 40 goals scored in 12 matches, for an average of 3.33 goals per match (as of 10 September 2019).
1 own goal
- Gerson Rodrigues (against Ukraine)
A player is automatically suspended for the next match for the following offences:
- Receiving a red card (red card suspensions may be extended for serious offences)
- Receiving three yellow cards in three different matches, as well as after fifth and any subsequent yellow card (yellow card suspensions are carried forward to the play-offs, but not the finals or any other future international matches)
The following suspensions were (or will be) served during the qualifying matches:
|Team||Player||Offence(s)||Suspended for match(es)|
|Lithuania||Saulius Mikoliūnas||vs Luxembourg (7 June 2019)||vs Serbia (10 June 2019)|
|Modestas Vorobjovas||vs Luxembourg (7 June 2019)||vs Serbia (10 June 2019)|
|Luxembourg||Dirk Carlson|| vs Lithuania (22 March 2019)
vs Ukraine (25 March 2019)
vs Lithuania (7 June 2019)
|vs Ukraine (10 June 2019)|
|Serbia||Uroš Spajić|| vs Portugal (25 March 2019)
vs Ukraine (7 June 2019)
vs Luxembourg (10 September 2019)
|vs Lithuania (14 October 2019)|
- "UEFA Euro 2020: Qualifying Draw Procedure" (PDF). UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 27 September 2018. Retrieved 27 September 2018.
- "UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying draw made in Dublin". UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 2 December 2018. Retrieved 2 December 2018.
- "Regulations of the UEFA European Football Championship 2018–20" (PDF). UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 9 March 2018. Retrieved 13 March 2018.
- "UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying schedule: all the fixtures". UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 2 December 2018. Retrieved 2 December 2018.
- "European Qualifiers 2018–20: Group stage fixture list" (PDF). UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 2 December 2018. Retrieved 2 December 2018.
- "Summary UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying – Group B". Soccerway. Retrieved 11 September 2019.