UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica
UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica, is a hospital located within the city of Santa Monica, California. The hospital was founded in 1926, and is a member of the UCLA Health. The hospital is also known internationally for operating its Rape Treatment Center, and the adjoining Stuart House for sexually abused children.
|UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica|
|Location||Santa Monica, California, US|
|Care system||Private, Medicaid, Medicare|
|Affiliated university||University of California, Los Angeles|
The hospital was founded in 1926 by two doctors. In 1941 the hospital was acquired by the Lutheran Hospital Society of Southern California, who also owned California Hospital Medical Center. In 1988, LHS merged with HealthWest, the parent company of Northridge Hospital, to form UniHealth. In 1995, UCLA Medical Center bought Santa Monica Hospital from UniHealth.
The orthopedic practice group at UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica, has been recognized as one of the best orthopedic hospitals in the United States. In 2011, the UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica, opened a new facility next to the existing orthopedic hospital, on 15th Street and Wilshire Blvd.
- Shirley Temple, actress and civil servant
- "About Us". UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica. Archived from the original on May 22, 2010. Retrieved April 30, 2010.
- "About UCLA Health System". UCLA. Archived from the original on March 31, 2010. Retrieved April 30, 2010.
- "Rape Treatment Center". UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica. Archived from the original on April 6, 2010. Retrieved April 30, 2010.
- Santa Monica Replacement Hospital Project – History
- LHS, HealthWest Merge; Savings Expected From Staff Cuts
- UCLA, Santa Monica Hospitals to Merge
- "Clark Shaughnessy, "Father" of Modern T Formation, Dies Friday at 78 in California". Gettysburg Times. Associated Press. May 16, 1970. Retrieved 2011-09-06.
- Pasles, Chris (October 22, 2002). "Obituaries – Mehli Mehta, 94; Youth Symphony Conductor". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2011-09-06.