Tyson Kidd and Cesaro
Tyson Kidd and Cesaro were a professional wrestling tag team in WWE. They are former WWE Tag Team Champions. They formed a tag team in December 2014, and were accompanied to the ring by Natalya, Kidd's real-life wife. While the team had no official name, they were unofficially called the "Masters of the WWE Universe", a reference to the Masters of the Universe franchise, and the "Brass Ring Club", a reference to the Japanese wrestling stable Bullet Club as well as a criticism of Cesaro from WWE chairman Vince McMahon.
|Tyson Kidd and Cesaro|
Tyson Kidd and Cesaro as the WWE Tag Team Champions in March 2015
|Name(s)||Tyson Kidd and Cesaro|
5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)
5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)
|571 lb (259 kg)|
|Debut||December 1, 2014|
|Disbanded||June 7, 2015|
Kidd and Cesaro first teamed on December 1, 2014, when they were eliminated from a gauntlet match for a shot at the tag team titles by The Usos. In January 2015, Kidd formed an official alliance with Cesaro. The pair dubbed themselves "The Brass Ring Club" and proceeded to pick up multiple wins over Los Matadores, as well as allying with Adam Rose to feud with The New Day. At the Royal Rumble, Kidd and Cesaro defeated New Day members Big E and Kofi Kingston, before entering the Royal Rumble match at #12 (Kidd) and #28 (Cesaro) and being eliminated by Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler respectively. According to the Wrestling Observer, originally Rose was set to join the duo to form a faction, indicated by the "Brass Ring Club" shirts worn by the trio throughout January, but those plans were nixed following the Royal Rumble.
At Fastlane on February 22, Kidd and Cesaro defeated The Usos to capture the WWE Tag Team Championship, a title Kidd had not held for nearly 5 years. They retained their title in a rematch the following night on Raw after the evil Natalya caused a disqualification, cementing her villainous turn in solidarity with the duo. At WrestleMania 31, Kidd and Cesaro retained their title by defeating The Usos, Los Matadores and The New Day in a Fatal-4-Way tag team match. At Extreme Rules, Kidd and Cesaro lost their titles to rivals; The New Day when Kofi Kingston held onto Cesaro's tights for the pin, ending their reign at 63 days. After The New Day turned heel, Cesaro and Kidd became faces for the first time as a tag team (also marking Cesaro's first true face turn in the WWE). On the May 4th episode of Raw, Cesaro and Kidd defeated The Ascension after Kidd dropkicked Viktor while Cesaro was performing his Cesaro Swing. Afterwards, they had a confrontation with The New Day backstage, leading the fans in chanting "New Day sucks" to The New Day's trademark clapping. At Payback, Kidd and Cesaro challenged The New Day for the WWE Tag Team Championships in a two out of three falls match. The duo scored the first fall of the match, but ultimately lost the second and third falls (the third fall being made by Xavier Woods, who wasn't one of the legal participants in the match), failing to recapture the titles. It was announced Kidd and Cesaro would take part in a six team elimination chamber match for the Tag Titles At Elimination Chamber on May 31, at the event they failed to win the titles. On June 7, WWE announced that Kidd had suffered a neck/spinal injury during a dark match with Samoa Joe a week prior. Kidd announced that he would be out of action for over a year.
- Double team finishing moves
- Double team signature moves
- Tyson Kidd's finishing moves
- Cesaro's finishing moves
- Natalya's finishing moves
- Entrance themes
- "Swiss Made" by CFO$ (December 1, 2014 – May 31, 2015)
Championships and accomplishmentsEdit
- "Tyson Kidd Bio". WWE. Retrieved March 4, 2015.
- "Antonio Cesaro". Florida Championship Wrestling. Retrieved 2011-09-18.
- "Natalya Bio". WWE. Retrieved January 20, 2012.
- "Nattie Neidhart". SuperGirls Wrestling. Archived from the original on July 18, 2011. Retrieved September 5, 2010.
- "CALDWELL'S WWE RAW RESULTS 12/1: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw - Anonymous GM, TLC hype, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2014-12-01.
- Meltzer, Dave. "WWE Royal Rumble 2015 results and coverage: Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena vs. Seth Rollins". F4W Online. Retrieved 2015-01-25.
- Caldwell, James (February 23, 2015). "CALDWELL'S WWE RAW RESULTS 2/23: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw - Fast Lane fall-out, no Lesnar, Orton & Rollins vs. Bryan & Reigns main event, WM31 build-up, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2015-02-23.
- Caldwell, James (February 22, 2015). "CALDWELL'S WWE FAST LANE PPV RESULTS 2/22: Ongoing "virtual-time" coverage of Bryan vs. Reigns, Cena vs. Rusev, Sting-Hunter confrontation, final PPV before WM31". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved February 22, 2015.
- Caldwell, James (February 23, 2015). "CALDWELL'S WWE RAW RESULTS 2/23: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw - Fast Lane fall-out, no Lesnar, Orton & Rollins vs. Bryan & Reigns main event, WM31 build-up, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved February 24, 2015.
- "Tyson Kidd suffers injury". WWE. June 7, 2015. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Valvo, Anthony. "NXT Results – 2/22/12". Wrestleview. Retrieved 13 April 2012.
- Big D. "More WWE developmental TV taping for no TV – but there may be news on that front" (PDF). Wrestling Observer/Figure Four Online. Retrieved 2009-07-16.
- Tedesco, Mike. "Superstars Results – 1/6/11". Wrestleview. Retrieved 10 July 2011.
Kidd hits the Fisherman's Neckbreaker for the win.
- James Caldwell. "CALDWELL'S WWE NXT RESULTS 4/19: Complete "virtual time" coverage of NXT Season 5, Week 7 – Yoshi-Lucky and Regal-Novak feuds continue". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2011-05-26.
spinning neckbreaker for the pin and the win.
- "Main Event: Ambrose sends message to Wyatt". Canoe.ca. Retrieved 26 February 2015.
Swinging fisherman's neckbreaker lands inside for Kidd. Winner by pinfall: Tyson Kidd
- Caldwell, James. "Royal Rumble PPV report 1/25 (Pre-Show): Rock at the Rumble teaser, Cesaro & Kidd vs. New Day". PWTorch.com. Retrieved 26 January 2015.
Kidd to snap off a cradle suplex neckbreaker on Kofi for the pin and the win.
- WWE Arabia
- Brummitt, Matt (2012-04-15). "Brummitt's FCW TV report 4/8: WWE Developmental TV coverage – Claudio vs. Steamboat, Ross & Regal commentary, Regal-Ambrose feud, Hero promo, new gimmicks for O'Brian & Harris". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2012-04-24.
- James, Justin (2012-07-04). "James's NXT report 6/27: Week 2 of New NXT season - Bateman vs. Curtis main event, Cesaro, Seth Rollins, Steamboat". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- "WWE NXT SPOILER REPORT FROM WINTER PARK, FL By Andres Santiago on 2012-11-16".
- Plummer, Dale. "Smackdown!: Randy Orton apologizes to The Authority". SLAM! Wrestling. Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- Clevett, Jason (February 14, 2007). "TJ & Nattie: A perfect team". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved March 11, 2008.
- "Natalya Neidhart". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved April 26, 2008.
- McNamara, Andy (July 17, 2009). "SmackDown: Punk and Hardy heat up Miami". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved July 18, 2009.
- Namako, Jason (September 13, 2012). "Superstars Results – 9/13/12". WrestleView. Archived from the original on September 17, 2012. Retrieved September 13, 2012.
- Tedesco, Mike (November 25, 2011). "Smackdown 11/25/11". WrestleView. Archived from the original on December 3, 2011. Retrieved November 26, 2011.
- "Who Invented the Sharpshooter?". WWE. Archived from the original on October 16, 2015. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- "Tyson Kidd and Cesaro's Tag Team Championship reign". WWE.