Tyler Shaan Adams (born February 14, 1999) is an American soccer player who plays for RB Leipzig of the Bundesliga. A graduate of the New York Red Bulls academy, Adams turned professional with the New York second team as a 16-year-old before joining the first team a season later. Adams joined RB Leipzig in January 2019.
Adams with New York Red Bulls II
|Full name||Tyler Shaan Adams|
|Date of birth||February 14, 1999|
|Place of birth||Wappingers, New York, United States|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (175 cm)|
|2010–2015||New York Red Bulls|
|2015–2016||New York Red Bulls II||33||(0)|
|2016–2018||New York Red Bulls||59||(2)|
|2014–2015||United States U17||23||(0)|
|2016–2017||United States U20||12||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of June 10, 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of March 21, 2019
Adams joined the Red Bulls Academy in 2011 and played with the U-13, U-14 and U-16 sides before turning professional.
New York Red Bulls IIEdit
On March 19, 2015, Adams was signed to New York Red Bulls II, the club's senior reserve team playing in the United Soccer League. Adams made his debut for the team on April 4, 2015 in a 4–1 victory over Toronto FC II, the first victory in club history. After appearing regularly for NYRB II during the 2016 season, Adams helped the club to a 5–1 victory over Swope Park Rangers in the 2016 USL Cup Final.
New York Red BullsEdit
On July 23, 2015, Adams made his debut with the New York Red Bulls first team featuring in a friendly match against Premier League champions Chelsea. He scored the second goal of the match, slotting a header past Asmir Begović in the 69th minute as the Red Bulls went on to win 4–2.
Adams signed his first senior team contract on November 3, 2015 and joined the first team in preseason training camp in 2016. Adams made his first MLS bench appearance as an unused substitute on April 1 during a 1–0 loss to the New England Revolution and on April 13 made his MLS debut, starting against the San Jose Earthquakes before returning to Red Bulls II on loan for the remainder of the season.
Adams emerged as a regular starter for the Red Bulls senior team in the 2017 season. On August 15, 2017, Adams helped New York to a 3–2 come from behind victory over FC Cincinnati, assisting on Bradley Wright-Phillips's 77th-minute equalizer. With the win New York reached their first Open Cup final since 2003. Adams scored his first two MLS goals in a 3–3 draw with D.C. United on September 27, 2017.
On March 13, 2018, Adams opened the scoring for New York in a 3–1 victory over Club Tijuana in the CONCACAF Champions League, helping the club advance to semifinals of the Champions League for the first time.
Adams joined RB Leipzig in January 2019, reuniting him with former coach Jesse Marsch. He made his first league start, playing as a defensive midfielder, on January 27, 2019 at Fortuna Dusseldorf. He played the full 90 minutes in the 4–0 win. On February 16, Adams recorded his first Bundesliga assist in a 3–1 victory over Stuttgart.
Adams has represented the United States at the U15, U17 and U20 levels. He appeared in all of the team's matches at the 2015 CONCACAF U-17 Championships in Honduras, helping the US in qualifying to the 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup.  In May 2017 Adams played every match for the U.S. at the 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup in South Korea. On November 14, 2017 Adams earned his first cap for the senior national team, playing the full 90 minutes in a 1–1 draw with Portugal. On September 11, 2018, Tyler Adams scored a goal against the Mexican side in a friendly at Nissan Field in Nashville TN.
- As of May 12, 2019
|Club||Season||League||League Cup||Domestic Cup||Continental [a]||Total|
|New York Red Bulls II
|New York Red Bulls||2016||MLS||1||0||0||0||0||0||3||0||4||0|
- Includes Concacaf Champions League
- As of March 21, 2019
- As of September 11, 2018
|1||September 11, 2018||Nissan Stadium, Nashville, United States||Mexico||1–0||1–0||Friendly|
- "FIFA U-20 World Cup Korea Republic 2017: List of Players" (PDF). FIFA.com. Fédération Internationale de Football Association. January 9, 2017. Retrieved March 2, 2018.
- "Red Bulls II sign Academy product Tyler Adams". newyorkredbulls.com. Retrieved March 19, 2015.
- "Red Bulls II earn first victory in team history". newyorkredbulls.com. Retrieved April 4, 2015.
- "Allen's Hat Trick Leads Red Bulls II to USL Cup". uslsoccer.com. Retrieved October 23, 2016.
- "New York Red Bulls 4, Chelsea 2: Sean Davis scores brace as Red Bulls shock Premier League champs". mlssoccer.com. Retrieved July 22, 2015.
- "Adams officially joins first team". empireofsoccer.com. Retrieved November 3, 2015.
- "New England Revolution 1, New York Red Bulls 0". MLSSoccer.com.
- "SJ Earthquakes vs. New York Red Bulls 0". MLSSoccer.com.
- "New York Red Bulls Loan Seven Players to NYRB II". Retrieved March 26, 2016.
- "NEW YORK RED BULLS STORM BACK FOR 3–2 EXTRA-TIME WIN TO REACH 2017 U.S. OPEN CUP FINAL AS MIDNIGHT STRIKES FOR CINDERELLAS FC CINCINNATI". ussoccer.com.
- "Red Bulls "have something special brewing" on CCL run, says Tyler Adams". mlssoccer.com. March 13, 2018. Retrieved March 13, 2018.
- "Tyler Adams Grabs First Assist, Poulsen Nets Brace as Leipzig Beats Stuttgart". SI.com.
- "U-17 MNT qualify for 2015 U-17 World Cup". ussoccer.com. Retrieved March 15, 2015.