Twelve Sky 2
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Set in Ancient China, players are thrown into an age old conflict between three warring Clans. Centered on the reemergence of a new faction, players must fight for the honor of their brothers or turn their backs in their hour of need.
The Twelve Sky 2 development team attended the 6th. annual ChinaJoy exposition, which featured their game, in 2008. As a result of ChinaJoy, Twelve Sky 2 was also featured on the udn.com news site in their report on 18 July 2008.
While these two games can be played independently of each other, it should be noted, that many of the elements introduced in Twelve Sky, have subsequently been imported into Twelve Sky 2, although somewhat modified. For example, once again there are 3 established factions, each with their respective territories, weapon classes and armours to choose from, when first creating a character avatar. However, with the equalization of the 3 factions' statistics and attributes, as well as the addition or resurgence of a fourth faction, and that faction's influence and territories, the similarities between the two games end there.
This fourth faction is voluntarily populated by players from the first 3 factions. The fourth faction choice is automatically made available as a character path, only when a player has reached the status of Master level 1(or Adept Level 1 in other countries), which is the equivalent of 113 levels. In order to join the fourth faction, a player must relinquish all ties to his original faction and their territories, i.e., a guild membership, if any, must be terminated and friend lists cleared. Also, once the player has joined the fourth faction, the bond is permanent. That character avatar cannot return to his previous status. He may choose not to participate in any one faction's efforts, in essence becoming a lone or rogue player.
In addition to a fourth faction, an alliance system has also been put into place, to allow for a formal recognition of power sharing and especially, of offensive battle plans. This alliance system, restricted to a maximum of 2 factions, once established by the leaders, extends to all of the members of the two allied factions. As a result, during battles, the allied players will no longer be red-flagged as enemies to one another. Allied players will be able to communicate with each other at any time, just as they would with members of their own faction, as long as the alliance is in effect.
This game's developer is especially proud of the GXD game engine, which was designed in-house, and from which the game greatly benefits.
There is a wide variety of mobs, all artistically rendered which, when attacked, display the typical color-coded alerts, with respect to the level of the mobs in the environment, versus the players' levels. The generally accepted protocol is used, i.e., grey, pink or red colors to denote mobs below, within or above the attacking player's level.
2009 Gamesoft Technology Inc., (Philippines)
- "Twelve Sky 2 : Why Make a TwelveSky 2? - Twelve Sky 2 for PC at". Mmorpg.com. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- "China Digital Entertainment Expo & Conference". En.chinajoy.net. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- (2008-07-18). "ChinaJoy08》十二之天貳 搶灘大陸市場 - 特別報導 - 電玩達人 - udn數位資訊" (in Chinese). Mag.udn.com. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- ":: TwelveSky2::". 12sky2.ph.gameclub.com. 2010-03-29. Archived from the original on 2010-01-05. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- "Twelve Sky 2 : Game Information About Twelve Sky 2 for PC at". Mmorpg.com. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- "悠游网". Iyoyo.com.cn. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- "十二之天贰 | 官方网站". 12sky2.gfyoyo.com.cn. Archived from the original on 2011-04-26. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
-  Archived March 14, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- "十二之天貳 勇者限定!殺無赦!". Ts2.gameflier.com. Archived from the original on 2010-09-12. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- "KTH". Corp.paran.com. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- "żĂ˝şĹ¸ĄŮŔüŔď... ą× ŔĚťóŔÇ ŔüŔď!! ä¨ěŁńýô¸2". 12sky2.paran.com. Archived from the original on 2012-07-01. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- "新作 対戦MMO 天地大乱". Tenchitairan.gamecom.jp. 2009-10-26. Archived from the original on 2010-09-16. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- "Twelve Sky 2 | Free online MMORPG at Mayn Games". 12sky2.com. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- "Join the Fastest Growing Free-to-Play Gaming Community". Aeria Games. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- "Aeria Games Acquires Twelve Sky 2". Ten Ton Hammer. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- [dead link]
- "Global Game Center | Türkiye'nin Oyun Küpü". Ggc.com.tr. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- "MAYN GAMES : Karahan". Karahanonlineworld.com. 2010-01-21. Retrieved 2011-02-03.