Tusaş Engine Industries
Tusaş Engine Industries (TEI) (Turkish: TUSAŞ Motor Sanayii A.Ş.), is a plant dedicated to the production of critical parts for commercial and military aircraft, also producing a marine engines line, its manufacturing center is located in Eskişehir, Turkey.
The company started with component manufacturing for the General Electric F110 engine powering the F-16, and is planning other jet engine parts related to the Boeing 787 Dreamliner and Airbus A380.
Some of the projects undertaken by TEI include:
- LHTEC T800 turboshaft engines for rotary wing applications such as the T-129 Atak.
- An indigenous engine to power the TAI TFX.
- General Electric T700 for the T-70, a local variant of the S-70 Black Hawk.
- TJ90 engines for UAVs.
- Local turboshaft engines for the T625 light utility helicopter.
- PD170 engines for the TAI Anka UAVs.
- CFM International LEAP engines.
- Official site of TEI
- Turkish Armed Forces Foundation, TUSAS ENGINE INDUSTRIES INC. – TEI
- VERICUT probes aero engine machining efficiency
- EOS completes pilot phase of metal additive manufacturing process monitoring system. Machinery.
- Turkish Air Force - TUAF
- GE and TAI Extend Tusas Engine Industries, Inc. Joint Venture for Another 25 Years. 29 January 2010. GE Aviation.
- Flight Global, LHTEC aims for Turkish assembly of CTS800 engine
- Turkey keen on attack helicopter program despite snags. Hürriyet Daily News.
- Defense News, Turks Seek Indigenous Engine Technology
- Defense News, New $3.5B Deal Paves Way for Turkish-made Black Hawks
- Steps taken to support Saudi Arabia’s defence industry efforts
- F-16.net, Turkish Engine Industries Develops first TurboJet Engine
- Turkish Aerospace Industries gave an official designation to their newest offering, the T625.
- Turkish Aerospace Industries officially designates in-house utility helicopter
- Xponential 2016: TEI outlines PD170 development
- Analysis: Turkey’s Fruitless Quest for Armed Drones. The algemeiner.
- Turkey seeks to develop local engines for UAVs and tank. Hürriyet Daily News.
- TEI taking a Giant LEAP towards the Future, Aligning Progressive Targets with Goals of the Defense Industry