|Location||Türkmenabat (Chardzhev), Turkmenistan|
|Elevation AMSL||630 ft / 192 m|
The airport was opened in 1926 and has since been repeatedly reconstructed. Radical reconstruction has taken place during the years of independence of Turkmenistan. The airport has been equipped with a modern air navigation system along with a platform for automated fueling. The runway has also been extended.
In 2013 construction started on a new airport complex. The ceremony of laying the first stone on 14 February 2013 was attended by the President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych and President of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov. The passenger terminal will be able to handle up to 500 passengers per hour. Ukrainian company Altcom built an artificial runway with a length of 3,800 meters. Other features to be built will include an ATC tower, a starting tower, a landing system in the second category of ICAO, an automated aerodrome meteorological system, air navigation, radio, lighting equipment, modern airport ground equipment and a centralized refueling station fuel. The facility will be put into operation in February 2016.
Airlines and destinationsEdit
|Turkmenistan Airlines||Ashgabat, Daşoguz, Turkmenbashi|
|Nordwind Airlines||Moscow, Bokhtar|
- AIP Turkmenistan Archived 2013-03-31 at the Wayback Machine
- Президент Туркменистана ознакомился с проектами новых важных объектов
- Президенты Украины и Туркменистана приняли участие в церемонии закладки аэропортового комплекса в Туркменабаде Archived 2013-04-19 at Archive.today
- Создается новая инфраструктура авиаперевозок
- Строится аэропортовый комплекс Туркменабата
- It is constructed the airport complex of Turkmenabat
|This article about an airport in Turkmenistan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|