Turkmen Mountain (Arabic: جبل تركمان; Jabal Turkman, Turkish: Türkmen Dağı) is a mountain range in the north of Latakia region of Syria, in the area called Bayırbucak locally in Turkish, neighboring the Turkish border. The mountain range runs along the eastern length of Latakia Governorate. The area is mostly inhabited by Syrian Turkmen people and has seen military activity by the Syrian Army and Russian air strikes in late 2015. Close to 300,000 Turkmens have been displaced since the start of the Syrian civil war, especially in The Turkmens mountains, where the Government enacted a demographic change by forcing the last remaining Turkmen Families to leave to Turkey, and settled Alawite families in the areas controlled by government forces.
The villages and places in Turkmen MountainEdit
45 hill, Acısu, Avanlı, Burc Keseb, Celiliyye, Çardaklı, Çümeyren, Dağmışlı (Dağmışliye, Dagameşle), Dervişhan, Derhanne (Deyr Hanna), Fırınlık, Gebelli, Gımam, Göğdağ (Gökdağ; en: khadra), Hancağız, Kantara, Kelez, Kepir, Kırıkaltı tepesi, Kızıldağ (Cebel Zahiye), Kulcuk, Milikli, Murtlu, Nisipin, Pınar Almer, Rabia, Salma, Saray, Şems, Tel Zahiye, Yertilik tepesi, Zuveyik (Zuveyk, Ez Ziveyik).
- Turkmen Mountain and Its Strategic Importance (Ar)
- "President Bashar Assad's homeland is no longer a safe place to retreat to". The Economist. 3 Nov 2012. Retrieved 25 November 2015.
- "Assad regime launches operation in Latakia region, attacks Syrian Turkmen village". DailySabah. 20 July 2015. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "Turkey condemns attack on Syrian Turkmen village, summons Russian envoy - MIDEAST". Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "Russia, Assad regime continue pounding Turkmen Mountain". Anadolu Agency. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "Syrian regime forces invade half of Turkmen territory". TRT World. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "Turkmen Mountain War". MİLLİYET HABER - TÜRKİYE'NİN HABER SİTESİ. 24 November 2015. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "300,000 Turkmens displaced since outbreak of Syrian civil war". DailySabah. 24 November 2015. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "The regime forces the last remaining Turkmen Families to leave to Turkey". Enab Baladi. Retrieved 12 September 2016.
- Tulay Karadeniz and Maria Kiselyova (24 November 2015). "Turkey downs Russian warplane near Syria border, Putin warns of 'serious consequences'". Reuters. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "Turkey shoots down Russian jet for airspace violation near Syrian border - MIDEAST". Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- author. "Gerçeğe Uzak Kalmayın - TÜRKMENDAĞI". Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "Türkmen Dağı'nda Bayırbucak'ta neler oluyor". Ensonhaber. 21 November 2015. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "Suriye ordusu, Türkmen Dağı'na girdi!". Radikal. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
|This Syria location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|