Turkistan Islamic Party in Syria
The Turkistan Islamic Party in Syria (TIP; Arabic: الحزب الإسلامي التركستاني في سوريا) is the Syrian branch of the Turkistan Islamic Party, an armed Uyghur Salafist jihadist group with a presence in the Syrian Civil War. While the TIP has been active in Syria, the organization's core leadership is based in Afghanistan and Pakistan, with a presence in its home territory of China. The Syrian branch of the Turkistan Islamic Party uses the Turkish Postal Service and Turkish banks to solicit donations via the organization "Türkistan İslam Derneği" through the website "Doğu Türkistan Bülteni".
- Sami Moubayed (29 September 2015). Under the Black Flag: At the Frontier of the New Jihad. I.B.Tauris. pp. 161–. ISBN 978-0-85772-921-7.
- Caleb Weiss (14 February 2017). "Uighur jihadist fought in Afghanistan, killed in Syria". Long War Journal. Retrieved 22 February 2017.
- "TIP Division in Syria Releases Video Promoting Cause, Inciting for Jihad". SITE Institute. 6 June 2014. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- turkistanhaber (6 February 2016). "Türkistan İslam Cemaati'nden Yeni Video " Zafer Sadece Allahtan'dır 2 " |". Doguturkistanbulteni.com. Archived from the original on 29 March 2016. Retrieved 13 May 2016.
- Zelin, Aaron Y. "New video message from al-Muhājirūn: "The Return of Jaysh al-Fataḥ" | JIHADOLOGY: A clearinghouse for jihādī primary source material, original analysis, and translation service". Jihadology.net. Retrieved 13 May 2016.
- "China's Counter-Terrorism Calculus".
- "Beijing, Kunming, Urumqi and Guangzhou: The Changing Landscape of Anti-Chinese Jihadists". Jamestown Foundation. 23 May 2014.
- Zenn, Jacob (10 October 2014). "An Overview of Chinese Fighters and Anti-Chinese Militant Groups in Syria and Iraq". China Brief. The Jamestown Foundation. 14 (19). Archived from the original on 22 November 2018. Retrieved 14 June 2015.
- "Syrian rebels pour men and missiles into frontlines". The Fiscal Times. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Turkistan Islamic Party in Syria shows more 'little jihadists' | FDD's Long War Journal". FDD's Long War Journal. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- Rodeheffer, Luke (20 September 2016). "Turkish Organizations Exploited in Terror Finance Scheme". Flashpoint - BUSINESS RISK INTELLIGENCE. Flashpoint. Archived from the original on 10 March 2017.