Tunde ke kabab
Tunde Ke Kabab, also known as Buffalo meat galouti kebab, is a dish made out of minced meat which is popular in Lucknow, India. It is part of Awadhi cuisine. It is said to incorporate 160 spices. Ingredients include finely minced buffalo meat, plain yogurt, garam masala, grated ginger, crushed garlic, ground cardamom, powdered cloves, melted ghee, dried mint, small onions cut into rings, vinegar, saffron, rose water, sugar, lime. Tunde ke kabab were introduced to the Nawab of Awadh Wajid Ali Shah. Lucknow’s iconic eating joint Tunday Kababi, started in 1905, is famous for serving buffalo meat galouti kebab.
|Alternative names||Buffalo meat galouti kebab|
|Place of origin||India|
|Region or state||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Created by||Awadhi cuisine|
|Main ingredients||Buffalo meat|
|500 Cl kcal|
- Amarnath, Nupur (23 January 2011). "We eat, therefore we are". Economic Times. Retrieved 13 March 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Appetising aromas from Awadh". The Sunday Tribune. 13 July 2003. Retrieved 7 March 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Tunday Kababi of Lucknow to be back with its USP buffalo meat kebabs". 16 May 2017.
- "Lucknow's Tunday Kababi open, but loses USP: Buffalo meat". www.hindustantimes.com. 23 March 2017.
- "History of Tunday Kebabs: How a One-Armed Chef Gave India One of its Most Loved Kebabs".
- "Good News For Foodies In Lucknow, Beef Galouti Kebabs Are Back On Tunday Kebabi's Menu". HuffPost India. 16 May 2017.
- February 26, Mail Today Bureau; February 26, 2017UPDATED; Ist, 2017 14:26. "A recipe for the royal taste of Galouti Kabab from the city of Nawabs,Lucknow". India Today.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)