Tu Aashiqui (Translation: You are my love) is a 2017 Indian musical drama romance television show based on two lovers' efforts to unite. It is produced by Mahesh Bhatt under Gurudev Bhalla production house. It stars Jannat Zubair Rahmani, Ritvik Arora and Rahil Azam as Pankti, Ahaan and JD respectively.
|Created by||Gurudev Bhalla|
|Written by||Shagufta Rafiq|
|Directed by||Bhagwan Yadav|
|Creative director(s)||Shweta Bishnoi|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||285|
|Camera setup||Multi camera|
|Running time||Approx. 23 mins.|
|Production company(s)||Gurudev Bhalla Productions Private Limited|
|Original network||Colors TV|
|Picture format||576i (PAL)|
|Original release||20 September 2017 –|
12 October 2018
The series premiered on Colors TV on 20 September 2017 and had its last episode telecast on 12 October 2018.
The story revolves around Pankti Sharma (Jannat Zubair Rahmani), a beautiful and talented young girl, and Ahaan Dhanrajgir (Ritvik Arora), a young, charming, kindhearted musician who struggles to make it big as a singer because of his straightforwardness and anger issues. Ahaan meets Pankti and falls for her and Pankti eventually develops an attraction towards him too. Pankti's mother, Anita Sharma (Gauri Pradhan Tejwani), is a failed actress of her time and is almost completely bankrupt. Willing to do anything for money, she sells her daughter to a rich and cruel man named Jayant Dhanrajgir "JD" (Rahil Azam). JD is a married, manipulative, middle-aged man who uses the young and innocent Pankti for his pleasure with the intent of making her life a living hell.
Ahaan, who is revealed to be JD's nephew, wants to save her from JD and help her realise and achieve her dream of becoming a successful singer. Disgusted with JD, Ahaan, after a long struggle, frees Pankti. Pankti's elder sister, Poorva (Nidhi Shah), falls in love with her boss, Murali Shetty (Kiran Raj) "Monty" after Anita sells her to him. Monty is a good man and also falls in love with Poorva.
Eventually, the truth about JD is exposed to the entire family.JD's wife, Sheetal (Himanshi Chaudhary), asks for a divorce but JD makes her sign over all her property to him. JD tries to kill Sheetal but she ends up in a coma. Pankti now pursues her singing career with Ahaan's support. JD posts indecent photos of Pankti but Ahaan supports her and they run away to live a new life where no one knows them. JD threatens to kill Poorva unless Anita files a complaint against Ahaan for abducting Pankti. Ahaan and Pankti are given shelter in a village but have to escape from JD again and go to the house of Uday Mathur (Rushal Parekh), Ahaan's best friend and manager. Ahaan tries to clear Pankti's name by lying about the photos being fake but Pankti appears on the talk show and clears her own name by telling the truth. Sheetal wakes up from the coma and shoots JD but unbeknownst to her, it is a fake bullet. Sheetal is arrested and JD is presumed dead.
JD returns under the persona of a man named Reyansh Diwan (Raqesh Bapat) and befriends Ahaan and Pankti organizing a concert in London where Ahaan is attacked by a hooded goon. Sheetal is released on bail and discovers Reyansh is actually JD. She tries to warn Ahaan and Pankti but JD blackmails her to stay silent and kidnaps her. Pankti and Ahaan argue and Reyansh makes matters worse by creating more misunderstandings between them. Pankti sets up a trap for Reyansh and decodes Sheetal's last message as "JD is Reyansh". Pankti and Uday defeat JD along with Sheetal's son, Vikram (Buneet Kapoor), and free Ahaan and Sheetal. JD is arrested, and the family celebrate.
Ahaan and Pankti meet a famous singer named Rangoli Rai (Krissann Barretto). In public, Rangoli pretends to be nice but behind closed doors she is obsessed with herself and her fame. Vikram becomes jealous of the attention Ahaan gets and instead of launching Ahaan as JMD's new face, he launches Rangoli. Rangoli tries to get close to Ahaan. Pankti struggles as people in the music industry remind her of her past as a mistress and try to take advantage of her. Ahaan becomes friends with Rangoli.
Rangoli comes to sing the final recording of a song but can't hit any notes right. The music director wants to replace her with Pankti angering Rangoli. Vikram does not want Pankti to sing as she is not a member of the JMD Company. Ahaan instead organises a concert for Pankti, but Rangoli has the concert cancelled. Ahaan, Pankti and Rangoli are scheduled to sing at a charity concert organized by KK. Fans praise Pankti's voice over Rangoli's and Vikram decides to sign Ahaan and Pankti for the benefit of his company. Rangoli plans to separate Ahaan and Pankti. Pankti discovers Rangoli's intentions but Ahaan doesn't believe her. Pankti gets upset, gathers evidence against Rangoli, and finally exposes her.
Ahaan and Pankti are set to be married on the same day as Monty and Poorva. Before Ahaan and Pankti can complete their vows, the police arrive and arrest Ahaan as Rangoli has accused him of rape. Ahaan is taken into custody while Rangoli tells Ahaan that she would take her complaint back if he marries her but he refuses. Ahaan's trial begins and Rangoli hires Dinesh Khandelwal (Ashwin Kaushal), a cunning lawyer. Eventually, Ahaan's mother, Aparna Dhanrajgir (Dolphin Dwivedi) becomes Ahaan's lawyer and wins the court case in Ahaan's favour.
Pankti and Ahaan overcome all their problems, and marry. The show ends with Ahaan and Pankti living happily with their family.
- Jannat Zubair Rahmani as Pankti Dhanrangir (nee'Sharma)– Singer; Anita's younger daughter; Poorva's younger sister; Ahaan's wife; JD's former mistress (2017–2018)
- Ritvik Arora as Ahaan Dhanrangir– Musician;Jd's Nephew ; Aparna and Manav's son; Kaira's younger brother; Pankti's husband (2017–2018)
- Rahil Azam as Jayant Dhanrajgir/ JD– Manav's elder brother; Sheetal's husband; Vikram's father; Pankti's former boss (2017–2018)
- Raqesh Bapat as Reyansh Diwan– JD's fake identity (2018)
- Gauri Pradhan Tejwani as Anita Sharma– Former Actress; Pankti and Poorva's mother (2017–2018)
- Rushal Parekh as Uday Mathur– Ahaan's friend and manager (2017–2018)
- Nidhi Shah as Poorva Sharma– Anita's elder daughter; Pankti's elder sister; Monty's wife (2017–2018)
- Kiran Raj as Murali "Monty" Shetty– Owner of Rhythm Music Company; Poorva's husband (2017–2018)
- Himanshi Chaudhary as Sheetal Rajput– JD's wife; Vikram's mother (2017–2018)
- Dolphin Dwivedi as Aparna Singh– Manav's wife; Ahaan and Kaira's mother (2017–2018)
- Sachin Sharma as Manav Dhanrajgir– JD's younger brother; Aparna's husband; Ahaan and Kaira's father (2017–2018)
- Vamika Koul as Kaira Dhanrajgir– Aparna and Manav's daughter; Ahaan's elder sister (2017–2018)
- Buneet Kapoor as Vikram Dhanrajgir– JD and Sheetal's son; Richa's husband (2017–2018)
- Shagun Sharma as Richa Thakur– Pankti's friend; Vikram's wife (2017–2018)
- Krissann Barretto as Rangoli Rai– Singer (2018)
- Reem Shaikh as Sanaya Seth– Ahaan's childhood friend (2018)
- Ashwin Kaushal as Dinesh Khandelwal– Lawyer (2018)
- Ankur Nayyar as Randhir Ahluwalia (2018)
- Sammy John Heaney as Ben
Mostly composed and sung by Rahul Jain as Ahaan's voice. The tune of "Har Dafa" was reused for "Tu Aashiqui (Romantic Version)", and a snippet of the main tune in "Tu Aashiqui (Rock Version)" was used in the composition of "Tu Wafa".
|1.||"Tu Aashiqui (Rock Version)"||Vandana Khandelwal & Rahul Jain||Soham Naik & Rahul Jain||Rahul Jain||04:44|
|2.||"Iss Qadar Pyaar Hai Tumse"||Rahul Jain||Soham Naik & Rahul Jain||Rahul Jain||01:45|
|3.||"Har Dafa"||Rahul Jain||Soham Naik & Rahul Jain||Rahul Jain||03:55|
|4.||"Har Dafa (Rock Version)"||Rahul Jain||Soham Naik & Rahul Jain||Rahul Jain||05:08|
|5.||"Tu Aashiqui (Romantic Version Male)"||Rahul Jain||Soham Naik & Rahul Jain||Rahul Jain||04:38|
|6.||"Tu Aashiqui (Romantic Version Female)"||Rahul Jain||Soham Naik & Rahul Jain||Afsha||04:22|
|7.||"Tu Aashiqui (Romantic Version Duet)"||Rahul Jain||Soham Naik & Rahul Jain||Rahul Jain & Afsha||03:32|
|8.||"Khushi (Male)"||Vandana Khandelwal||Soham Naik & Rahul Jain||Rahul Jain||04:21|
|9.||"Khushi (Female)"||Vandana Khandelwal||Soham Naik & Rahul Jain||Abhiruchi Singh||04:21|
|10.||"Khushi (Duet)"||Vandana Khandelwal||Soham Naik & Rahul Jain||Rahul Jain & Abhiruchi Singh||04:21|
|11.||"Tu Wafa (Solo)"||Kunaal Vermaa||Soham Naik & Rahul Jain||Rahul Jain||04:16|
|12.||"Tu Wafa (Duet)"||Kunaal Vermaa||Soham Naik & Rahul Jain||Rahul Jain & Afsha||04:16|
|15.||"Rubaru (Duet)"||Meetu||Manas-Shikhar||Rashmi & Rahul||04:05|
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2018||Boroplus Gold Awards|
|Best On Screen Jodi||Jannat Zubair Rahmani & Ritvik Arora||Nominated|
|Best Actor in a Lead Role Male (Negative)||Rahil Azam|
|Best Actor in a Lead Role Female (Negative)||Gauri Pradhan Tejwani|
|Best Debut of the Year (Female)||Jannat Zubair Rahmani||Won|
|Best Debut of the Year (Male)||Ritvik Arora|
|Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Actor (Popular)||Ritvik Arora||Nominated|
|Best Actress (Popular)||Jannat Zubair Rahmani|
|Best Show (Popular)||Tu Aashiqui|
|Best Actress in a Negative Role (Popular)||Gauri Pradhan Tejwani|
|Best Actor in a Negative Role (Popular)||Rahil Azam|
|2019||Indian Telly Awards||Actor in Negative Role (Male)||Rahil Azam|
|Actor in Negative Role (Female)||Gauri Pradhan Tejwani|
- "A battle of sensibilities between intense greed and selfless love; COLORS launches Tu Aashiqui". CityAirNews. 6 September 2017. Retrieved 25 November 2017.
- "COLORS launches Tu Aashquii – A battle of sensibilities between intense greed and selfless love". NewZNew. 6 September 2017. Retrieved 25 November 2017.
- Mahesh, Shweta. "Mahesh Bhatt brings Aashiqui 2 on Colors as Tu Aashiqui – watch promo". Retrieved 27 August 2017.
- "Colors to launch new fiction 'Tu Aashiqui'". BizAsia | Media, Entertainment, Showbiz, Events and Music. 17 August 2017. Retrieved 27 August 2017.
- "Colors reinvents prime-time with 'Tu Aashiqui', 'Ishq Mein Marjawans unconventional storytelling". 18 September 2017. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- "Elated with success of 'Tu Aashiquii': Jannat Zubair Rahmani". mid-day. 10 December 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2019.
- "16-year-old actress Jannat Zubair Rahmani decides to quit Tu Aashiqui, after being asked to kiss co-star". timesnownews.com. Retrieved 30 August 2019.
- "I am just 16 and wouldn't have been comfortable kissing, says Tu Aashiqui actress Jannat Zubair". India Today. Ist. Retrieved 30 August 2019.
- "Tu Aashiqui actor Ritvik Arora's Valentine's Day woes". The Indian Express. 9 February 2018. Retrieved 30 August 2019.
- "Tu Aashiqui actor Ritvik is 'grateful' to Priyank Sharma". The Indian Express. 10 February 2018. Retrieved 30 August 2019.
- "Rahil Azam: I want people to miss me on TV". Hindustan Times. 2 October 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2019.
- "Women fancying JD proves the change in mentality of the audience: Tu Aashiqui actor Rahil Azam". The Indian Express. 17 November 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2019.
- "Raqesh Bapat to join 'Tu Aashiqui'". The Times of India. Retrieved 30 August 2019.
- "Kutumb Actress Gauri Pradhan Says She's 'Prepared For Failure'". NDTV.com. Retrieved 30 August 2019.
- "Exclusive: Kutumb actress Gauri Pradhan on playing a vamp in Mahesh Bhatt's new show". India Today. Ist. Retrieved 30 August 2019.
- "ZEE Gold Awards 2018: Winners list". 31 July 2018.