Tseung Kwan O (Chinese: 將軍澳; Cantonese Yale: Jēunggwān'ou; pronounced: [tsœ́ːŋkʷɐ́n.ōu]) is a station on the MTR Tseung Kwan O line located at the town centre of the Tseung Kwan O New Town in the New Territories of Hong Kong. The previous station is Tiu Keng Leng and the line splits after this station to LOHAS Park and Hang Hau. The entrances to the station are on Tong Chun Street, Popcorn Mall and Tong Yin Street. A public transport interchange is located outside the station. The architecture firm Aedas designed the station.
|MTR rapid transit station|
|Literal meaning||General's Bay|
|Location||Tseung Kwan O|
Sai Kung District, Hong Kong
|Owned by||MTR Corporation|
|Operated by||MTR Corporation|
|Platforms||2 (1 island platform)|
Tsueng Kwan O station opened to the public on 18 August 2002, together with the spur line to Tsueng Kwan O Depot, right next to LOHAS Park station, but the station did not open until 26 July 2009.
|G||Concourse||Exits, transport interchange|
|Customer service, MTRshops|
|Vending machines, automatic teller machines|
|Platform 1||Tseung Kwan O line towards Po Lam (Hang Hau) → |
Tseung Kwan O line towards LOHAS Park (Terminus) →
|Island platform, doors will open on the right|
|Platform 2||← Tseung Kwan O line towards [[Tamar station|Tamar (Tiu Keng Leng)|
- A1: Tseung Kwan O Plaza / Transport Interchange
- A2: The Grandiose / Tseung Kwan O Plaza
- B1/B2: Park Central
- C: PopCorn
Sun Hung Kai Properties developed a 359-room Crowne Plaza hotel, a 176-room Vega Suites hotel and a 300-room Holiday Inn Express hotel at Tseung Kwan O station as part of a comprehensive hotel and shopping complex.
The station is attached to an MTR-owned shopping centre called PopCorn that opened in 2012. It comprises over 40,000 square metres and houses about 150 retailers and a cinema.
PopCorn is an anchor connecting the nearby malls of PopCorn 2, Park Central, and Tseung Kwan O Plaza. A public transport interchange is situated next to PopCorn and serves public light buses routes 103M, 110 and 112S, and New World First Bus routes 792M, 796C, 796S, 796X, 797M, 798 and N796.
- "Designers transfer Hong Kong know-how to Dubai's new metro". South China Morning Post. 2 December 2009. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- "Tseung Kwan O Station layout" (PDF). MTR Corporation. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
- Future Development Sun Hung Kai Properties - Hotels. Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- Kao, Ernest (24 August 2015). "Mother and 2 children injured as ceiling collapses at MTR shopping mall in Tseung Kwan O". South China Morning Post.