This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|First appearance||Ultimates #2 (April, 2002)|
|Notable locations||Washington D.C.|
In the Ultimate Marvel universe, the Triskelion is one of the first headquarters of S.H.I.E.L.D., and base for the Ultimates. Originally designed by British architect Norman Foster, the facility was to have been mobile like the Helicarrier, but the cost proved prohibitive. The Triskelion was partially destroyed by the Liberators, whose super-soldiers scuttled the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier onto the facility, though the Scarlet Witch used her powers to save the building's first three floors and everyone within them.
During the Ultimatum storyline, the Triskelion was attacked by suicide-bomber duplicates of Multiple Man until Hank Pym sacrificed himself to stop the clones. Shortly after Ultimatum, the Triskelion was undergoing another stage of repairs and became the headquarters of the Ultimates' replacements, the Avengers.
During the Avengers' tenure, the Triskelion was attacked by vampires, a battle in which with the entire facility was teleported to a desert in Iran. After the Iranian government protested, S.H.I.E.L.D. temporarily moved their headquarters to Stark Industries. With help from the European Defense Initiative, S.H.I.E.L.D. was trying to find a way to return the Triskelion back to New York City.
This Triskelion was finally left to the new pro-American, Iranian government after powered rebels had taken down the former rulers, as the way to threaten Russia, China, and the Arabic nations authorities.
The Marvel-616 version of the Triskelion debuted as part of the All-New, All-Different Marvel branding. Located off the coast of Manhattan, it has three wings radiating from a hub, each serving a different purpose. The first wing houses the ground crew for the Alpha Flight Space Program; the second, a Wakandan Embassy; the third, the headquarters of the Ultimates (unrelated to the team from Ultimate Marvel).
The Triskelion is later revealed to host S.H.I.E.L.D. personnel, including a medical emergency team.
In other mediaEdit
- The Triskelion is featured in the TV series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.. It is mentioned by Jemma Simmons in episode "The Hub" and in search files in the episode "T.A.H.I.T.I." It is also later mentioned in "End of the Beginning" when Jasper Sitwell receives orders to board the Lemurian Star. The Triskelion later reappears frequently in the third "pod" of fourth season, Agents of Hydra, where it is the main headquarters of Hydra in a simulated reality known as the Framework.
- The Triskelion is featured in the animated films Ultimate Avengers and Ultimate Avengers 2. Like in the comics the building serves as the base of operations for the Avengers team. The Triskelion is later invaded by the Chitauri.
- The Triskelion is seen in Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors episode "New Warriors". It is mentioned to be where the S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy is. In the episode "S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy," the Triskelion's S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy has Robert Frank as its teacher with Captain America and Hawkeye as guest instructors. It is also shown to be somewhere off the coast of Manhattan. Arnim Zola's robotic body was found held within the Triskelion. In "Attack of the Synthezoids," Arnim Zola resurfaces and takes control of the personnel and students at the Triskelion. By the end of the episode, Arnim Zola uses the Tri-Carrier's missiles to destroy the Triskelion as Spider-Man plans to lead Agent Venom, Cloak, and Rhino into rescuing everyone from Arnim Zola. In "The Revenge of Arnim Zola," the Triskelion is rebuilt following Arnim Zola's defeat. Afterwards, it is seen again in Ultimate Spider-Man vs. The Sinister 6 where Spider-Man and his fellow superheroes continue their education at the Triskelion's S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy until they graduate in the series' finale and Agent Venom and Scarlet Spider are promoted as the new students' teachers.
- The Triskelion appears in Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. episode "Planet Monster" Pt. 1. It is revealed to be where the holding cells of Leader and Ronan the Accuser is. The Supreme Intelligence sends his Kree soldiers into storming the Triskelion into freeing Ronan the Accuser. The Kree succeed in their mission, but are convinced by Leader to bring him along as well.
The Triskelion is featured in the Marvel Cinematic Universe:
- The Triskelion appears in the 2014 film Captain America: The Winter Soldier as S.H.I.E.L.D.'s headquarters in Washington D.C. where it is located on Theodore Roosevelt Island at the foot of the Roosevelt Bridge. The Triskelion was taken over by Hydra during their uprising from within S.H.I.E.L.D. in order to use three weaponized Helicarriers to kill people Hydra deemed threats. It is later destroyed by a disabled Helicarrier (an event later mentioned by Victoria Hand in the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode "Turn, Turn, Turn"). The incident was cited by Thaddeus Ross as one of a series of high-profile incidents involving the Avengers that ultimately culminated with the passing of the Sokovia Accords, which would lead to the ideological schism that split the Avengers in 2016 film Captain America: Civil War.
- In a flashback at the start of the film Ant-Man, the Triskelion is shown to be incomplete yet already functioning as S.H.I.E.L.D's headquarters when Hank Pym resigns his position in 1989.
- In Spider-Man: Homecoming, Spider-Man travels to Washington D.C. to prevent Adrian Toomes and his crew from stealing weapons from the wreckage of the Triskelion. A deleted scene features Peter Parker and his classmates viewing the wreckage of the Triskelion from their school bus.
- In the video game Ultimate Spider-Man, a number of posters depicting The Triskelion are seen announcing a movie called The Ultimates, some of which include reference to a sequel by the inclusion of the number 2.
- In Ultimate Spider-Man: Total Mayhem the Triskelion is damaged by Roxxon operatives attempting to combine the Venom symbiote with the Oz serum, enabling a breakout. All of the escapees are recaptured by Spider-Man.
- The Triskelion is featured in the video game Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, in which Ultimate Spider-Man fights Carnage as he infects the inmates of the Triskelion's prison with Symbiotes.
- The Triskelion appears in Marvel Avengers Academy.
- Ultimates Vol. 2 #9. Marvel Comics (New York).
- Ultimate Six #1. Marvel Comics (New York).
- Ultimate Avengers vs. New Ultimates #6. Marvel Comics (New York).
- Ultimate Comics Hawkeye #1. Marvel Comics (New York).
- Ultimate Comics Ultimates #25. Marvel Comics (New York).
- Cataclysm: The Ultimates Last Stand #1. Marvel Comics (New York).
- Secret Wars #1. Marvel Comics (New York).
- Ultimates Vol. 2 #1. Marvel Comics (New York).
- Civil War II #2. Marvel Comics (New York).