Tripuraneni Gopichand (8 September 1910 - 2 November 1962) was a radical humanist, Telugu short story writer, novelist, editor, essayist, playwright and film director. Gopichand was the son of renowned a social reformer and play writer Tripuraneni Ramaswamy .Gopichand, inspired by M.N.Roy's Radical Humanism, became the first state secretary of the Radical Democratic Party (India) Andhra Pradesh. His second novel 'Asamardhuni Jeevana Yatra' (Bungler: A Journey Through Life), was the first psychological novel in Telugu literature. Gopichand was posthumously awarded the Sahitya Akademi Award for "Panditha Parameshwara Sastry Veelunama" in 1963, the first Telugu novel to win this award. 
|Born||8 September 1910
Angaluru, Krishna district
|Died||2 November 1962|
|Pen name||Tripuraneni Gopichand|
|Genre||Telugu short story writer, novelist, editor, essayist, playwright and film director|
|Children||Tripuraneni Pramila, Ramesh Babu, Rajani, Ramgopal, Nalini, Sai Chand)|
|Relatives||Pitcheswara Rao Atluri|
His novel "Asamardhuni Jeevana Yatra", is part of the syllabus for APPSC examinations in Telugu literature as an optional subject.
List of WritingsEdit
- Asamarthuni Jeeva Yatra (first psychoanalysis novel in Telugu)
- Merupula Marakalu
- Pandita Parameswara Sastry Veelunaama
- Cheekati Gadulu
- Gadiya Padani Talupulu
- Postu Chaiyani Uttarulu
- Maku Unnayi Swagataalu
Filmography of Telugu filmsEdit
- Chaduvukunna Ammayilu (1963) (Dialogues)
- Dharmadevatha (1952) (Dialogues)
- Priyuralu (1952) (Story, Dialogues and Direction)
- Perantalu (1951) (Director)
- Lakshmamma (1950) (Director)
- Gruhapravesam (1946) (Story)
- Raithubidda (1939) (Dialogues)
- "scientific humanism".
- "Sahitya Akademi.Awards.Telugu". Sahitya-akademi.gov.in. Retrieved 2014-02-26.
- "Asamardhuni Jeeva Yatra By Tripuraneni Gopichand". Scribd.com. Retrieved 2014-02-26.
- "tripuraneni gopichand stamp | Phila-Mirror". 2011-09-08. Retrieved 2014-02-26.
- Special Correspondent (2011-09-11). "‘Literature is social documentation'". The Hindu. Retrieved 2014-02-26.