Trimble Inc. is a Sunnyvale, California-based software, hardware, and services technology company. Trimble supports global industries in building & construction, agriculture, geospatial, natural resources and utilities, governments, transportation and others. Trimble also does hardware development of global navigation satellite system (GNSS) receivers, scanners, laser rangefinders, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), inertial navigation systems and software processing tools. The company was founded in November 1978 and uses the tagline "Transforming the way the world works".
|Formerly||Trimble Navigation Limited|
|Industry||Geospatial, Construction, Agriculture, Transportation and Logistics, Telecommunications, Asset tracking, Mapping, Utilities, Mobile Resource Management, Government, RFID|
|Founder||Charles Trimble, et al.|
|Revenue||US$3.3 billion (2019)|
|US$514.3 million (2019)|
Number of employees
The company's acquisitions include Pocket Mobile AB, @Road, Cengea Solutions Inc., Datacom Software Research, Spectra Precision Group, Tripod Data Systems, Advanced Public Safety, Inc., ALK Technologies, Apache Technologies, Acutest Engineering Solutions Ltd, Applanix, Géo-3D, INPHO, Gatewing, Gehry Technologies, MENSI, Meridian Systems, NTech Industries, Pacific Crest, Quantm, Accubid Systems, SketchUp, QuickPen International, SECO Mfg. Co., Inc., Visual Statement, Stabiplan, XYZ Solutions, Inc, Tekla, Vianova Systems, ThingMagic, Spime Inc., Punch Telematix NV, TMW Systems, Kuebix, and TopoSys Gmbh.
Their role in building information modeling (BIM), architecture and construction has been growing. Most publicised was their 2012 acquisition of the 3D modeling software package SketchUp from Google.
In 2016, Trimble acquired Sefaira (sustainability analysis software including energy modeling and daylight visualization).
On April 23, 2018, Trimble entered into an agreement to acquire privately held Viewpoint from investment firm Bain Capital in an all-cash transaction of US$1.2bn, with an expected completion in Q3 of 2018.
On February 12, 2019, a new division called Trimble MAPS (Maps and Applications for Professional Solutions) was launched, bringing together Trimble's former ALK Technologies and TMW Appian Final Mile businesses.
On October 3, 2019 Trimble acquired Cityworks to expand it's GIS-centric digital asset and infrastructure management solutions.
On October 30, 2019 Trimble announced that its Board of Directors has unanimously elected Robert G. Painter to succeed Steven W. Berglund as president and CEO of Trimble effective January 4, 2020, the first day of Trimble's 2020 fiscal year. Painter will join the Trimble Board of Directors on January 4, 2020.
On May 28, 2020 Trimble and newly acquired Kuebix launched next-generation Community Load Match capabilities to simplify finding and filling truckload capacity. A solution that facilitates collaboration between shippers and carriers to optimize how freight moves throughout the supply chain.
The company changed its name from Trimble Navigation Limited to Trimble Inc.; the name change and change in legal domicile became effective October 1, 2016. Trimble Inc. continued to operate without change or material impacts to stakeholders. The corporate headquarters remained in California.
Trimble sells products and services into the following industries: land survey, construction, agriculture, transportation, telecommunications, asset tracking, mapping, railways, utilities, mobile resource management, and government.
- "Trimble announced fourth quarter and fiscal year 2019 financial results". Trimble Inc. Feb 12, 2020. Retrieved Feb 12, 2020.
- "Annual Report". Trimble Inc. February 24, 2017. Archived from the original on June 30, 2017. Retrieved June 20, 2017.
- "Trimble and Infotech to Streamline Inspection Measurement Workflows". AiThority. 2021-06-24. Retrieved 2021-07-16.
- "Silicon Investor (SI) -- The First Internet Community". Silicon Investor. 2000-08-31. Retrieved 2016-03-13.
- Trimble. "Trimble Introduces Construction Technology Solutions for Small Site and Utility Contractors". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2021-07-16.
- "Trimble News".
- "Trimble to Acquire @Road | Trimble, Inc".
- "Trimble Acquires Cengea to Expand its Forestry Solutions | Trimble, Inc".
- "Trimble Acquires 3D Laser Scanner Leader - MENSI".
- "About Trimble Navigation: History". Archived from the original on 15 April 2012. Retrieved 11 April 2012.
- Trimble plots route to European growth in Mobile Resource Management with acquisition of Punch Telematix, news from company website, retrieved 2011-07-11
- Trimble to Acquire North American Trucking Industry Enterprise Software Leader TMW Systems, Expanding Transportation and Logistics Reach, news from company website, retrieved 2015-05-09
- "Trimble to Acquire Kuebix to Transform and Connect the Transportation Logistics Ecosystem". Kuebix. Retrieved 2020-06-11.
- "Trimble Enters into Definitive Agreement to Acquire TopoSys to Extend Its Geospatial Solutions Business | Trimble, Inc".
- "Trimble to Enhance its Office-to-Field Platform with the Acquisition of Google's SketchUp 3D Modeling Platform". Trimble. Retrieved 8 June 2012.
- "Trimble Launches Trimble Connect, New Cloud-based Collaboration Platform for Construction and Operation of Buildings".
- Reuters Editorial. "Trimble to buy privately-held Viewpoint in $1.2 billion deal". U.K. Retrieved 2018-05-11.
- "Trimble to Acquire Viewpoint to Create the Industry's Most Complete Construction Management Solution".
- Trimble MAPS Blog. "Trimble Launches Division Dedicated to Advancing Commercial Map-Centric Technology". blog.maps.trimble.com. Retrieved 2019-02-18.
- "Trimble News Release". www.trimble.com. Retrieved 2019-02-18.
- "TRIMBLE TO ACQUIRE CITYWORKS TO EXPAND ITS DIGITAL ASSET AND INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS".
- Desk, News (2019-10-31). "Trimble Announces CEO Succession". Geospatial World. Retrieved 2019-10-31.
- "Trimble and Kuebix Launch Next-Generation Community Load Match Capabilities to Simplify Finding and Filling Truckload Capacity | Trimble, Inc". investor.trimble.com. Retrieved 2020-06-11.
- "Trimble to Support Team Rubicon for Disaster Relief and Recovery". Benzinga. Retrieved 2021-07-16.
- "Geospatialworld.net". 4 October 2016. Retrieved 4 October 2016.