Tricephalous is the name of a three-headed monster in Marvel Comics.
Tricephalous appears! From Marvel Universe #4
|First appearance||Fantastic Four #1 (Nov. 1961)|
|Abilities||Super-Strength, Flight, Firebreathing|
Fictional character biographyEdit
Tricephalous is an immensively-powerful three-headed creature (the same as Godzilla's King Ghidorah) that was created on Monster Island by the Deviants under the command of Warlord Kro. When Monster Island was attacked by Monster Hunters, Warlord Kro had Tricephalous attack while Kro escaped. Though much of Monster Island was destroyed, Tricephalous then became a servant of the Mole Man.
A Skrull named De'Lila arrived looking for the Inorganic Technodrome and took over Tricephalous and the other monsters causing them to go on a rampage. When De'Lila was defeated, Tricephalous and the other monsters returned to Monster Island with the Punisher on their trail. When the Punisher planned to destroy the entrance to Monster Island, he changed his mind when he noticed the Fantastic Four.
While Mole Man was in his castle at the time he was discussing letting Adam Strange make his home on Monster Island, Tricephalous was shown circling Mole Man's castle.
To prevent the Fantastic Four from preventing him in his plan to create a pocket dimension, Aron the Rogue Watcher summoned Mole Man, Giganto, and Tricephalous to fight them. Thing defeated Tricephalous by grabbing his necks and throwing him into Super-Skrull
Mole Man later sent Tricephalous and the other monsters to attack Manhattan. The Fantastic Four halted their attack by using a Pym Particle Projector to shrink them causing them to retreat. When they returned to Mole Man's lair, Mole Man decided to call off the attack when he lost interest and considered the monsters as part of his family.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
Each of Tricepalous' three heads can spew fire from its mouth. The wings on its back enable it flight.
In other mediaEdit
- Tricephalous first appears in The Super Hero Squad Show episode "And Lo! A Pilot Shall Come" voiced by Ted Biaselli. He attacks Super Hero City alongside Megataur, and Manoo. Tricephalous and the other monsters were soon assisted by Fin Fang Foom. In "When Strikes the Surfer," Tricephalous comes to the surface and starts breathing fire all over the cold Super Hero City causing the Super Hero Squad to take action. The Super Hero Squad were able to get Hulk to punch Tricephalous into the volcano where Megataur and Fin Fang Foom are also located trying to warm themselves. When Tricephalous, Fin Fang Foom, and Megataur end up in a fight, the Super Hero Squad had to make three lava pits for them to keep warm at.
- Marvel Universe #7
- Fantastic Four vol. 1 #1
- Fantastic Four vol 1. #347
- Fantastic Four vol 1. #349
- Warlock and the Infinity Watch #7
- Marvel Comics Presents #112
- Silver Surfer/Warlock: Resurrection #1
- Fantastic Four vol. 1 #400
- Fantastic Four vol. 3 1⁄2
- JLA/Avengers #1
- "Marvel Super Hero Squad Voice Cast". Comics Continuum. July 28, 2009.