Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri Ltd. (TBZ) is a noted Indian jeweller and jewellery retail chain based in India. Established in 1864 (156 years ago) by Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri in Zaveri Bazaar, the jewellery district of Mumbai, it was subsequently headed by his son, Gopaldas Tribhovandas Zaveri, and now Shrikant Zaveri, is the present chairman and managing director of the group. The company today, has 37 showrooms in 23 cities across eleven states, including Mumbai, Surat, Kochi, Bhopal, Hyderabad, Kolkata, and Rajkot The company proposed an Initial Public Offer (IPO) in July 2011.
|Founder||Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri|
|Successor||Gopaldas Tribhovandas Zaveri|
Number of locations
|31 (Dhanbad, Bhopal, Jamnagar, Raipur, Ahmedabad, Bhavnagar, Rajkot, Gandhidham, Surat, Vadodara, Vapi, Jamshedpur, Kochi, Indore, Aurangabad, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Thane, Vasai, Vashi, Udaipur, Vijaywada, Hyderabad, Jamshedpur, Kolkata)|
|Shrikant Zaveri, Chairman & Managing Director|
|Revenue||₹8.8 billion (US$100 million) (2010)|
The company has 37 showrooms under "Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri" brand (32 company owned 5 franchise), for gold jewellery and diamond studded jewellery. Apart from that it has two designer boutiques under "Krsala", where its sells jadau and diamond-studded jewellery. Its main showroom at Zaveri Bazaar in Mumbai is built across five floors and said to be the largest jewellery showroom in India., while its other Mumbai branches are in Opera House, Churchgate, Borivali, Ghatkopar, and Santacruz. It operates stores in Dhanbad, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Trivandrum, Vijayawada, Ahmedabad, Surat, Kochi, Indore, Thane, Raipur, Jamshedpur, Bhopal, Jamnagar, Aurangabad, and Udaipur.
In 2011, TBZ entered the men's jewellery segment, with its Gentlemen's Collection in gold and diamonds. Previously in the January of the same year, it filed a draft red herring prospectus (DRHP) for an initial public offering with market regulator SEBI, to sell 16.66 million shares of Rs 10 each.
- "Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri Limited Research" (PDF). CRISIL (Standard and Poor's). 12 July 2011.
- Susan Stronge; Nima Poovaya-Smith; James C. Harle (1988). A Golden Treasury: jewellery from the Indian subcontinent. Rizzoli in association with the Victoria and Albert Museum and Grantha Corp. p. 118. ISBN 0-8478-1012-7.
- "Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri opens new showroom at Rajkot". Business Standard. 28 July 2011.
- "About us". Website.
- "CRISIL assigns grade 3/5 to Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri IPO". Moneycontrol.com (CNBC-TV18). 13 July 2011.
- "TBZ-The Original announces Sara Ali Khan as its official brand ambassador". news.franchiseindia.com. Retrieved 16 May 2020.
- "Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri Review". Fodor's.
- "Jewellery retailer Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri enters men's jewellery". The Economic Times. 20 June 2011.
- "Tribhovandas Bhimji files DRHP with Sebi". The Financial Express. 28 January 2011.