A tree tent is a camping tent designed to be set above the ground, usually attached to or supported by the neighboring trees. Like a tent, it must be a complete enclosure that can house a camper and his or her gear while suspended off the ground.  Like tree houses, a tree tent may be accessed via a rope ladder and provide a sheltered environment for recreation and various outdoor activities. The portable nature of this type of shelter provides for more versatile location choice than a conventional tree house or a camping tent.
Some tree tents have the capacity to house 6+ people. 
-  Hanging 3-Person Tree Tent Uses Fabric, Rope & Tension, dornob Design Ideas Daily
- Gunther, Shea, "The Tentsile takes camping to a whole new (vertical) level", Mother Nature Matters, 22 April 2013
- Isabel Choat and Gemma Bowen, What to do in the UK this spring: new trips, events and days out, The Guardian, 16 April 2013
- Town, Hammock. "Trilogy Super Hammock Tent Combo". Hammock Town. Retrieved 2017-01-04.
- Gear Reviews on the Nubé Hammock Shelter: 
- Tentsile Tree Tents: Elevate Your Camping Adventure
- The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Hammock Camping: The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Hammock Camping
- Tree Tents - The World's Greatest Glamping Escapes Tree Tents International Website
- Tree Tents: Tree Tents for Sale: Discover How To Camp With Flying Tents
- Tree Tent Case Study: How I Finally Got A Great Night's Sleep While Camping