ایالت طربزون (Ottoman Turkish)
|Eyalet of the Ottoman Empire|
The Trebizond Eyalet in 1609
Established in 1598, it remained a primarily Christian region into the 17th century, well after the rest of Anatolia had been converted to Islam. Its reported area in the 19th century was 10,507 square miles (27,210 km2).
|Sanjaks of Trebizond Eyalet in the 17th century:||Sanjaks in the early 19th century:|
- Commercial statistics: A digest of the productive resources, commercial... By John Macgregor, p. 12, at Google Books
- "Some Provinces of the Ottoman Empire". Geonames.de. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- Encyclopedia of the Ottoman Empire, p. 146, at Google Books By Gábor Ágoston, Bruce Alan Masters
- The Popular encyclopedia: or, conversations lexicon, Volume 6, p. 698, at Google Books
- Narrative of travels in Europe, Asia, and Africa in the ..., Volume 1, p. 90, at Google Books By Evliya Çelebi, Joseph von Hammer-Purgstall
- System of universal geography founded on the works of Malte-Brun and Balbi — Open Library (p. 646)
- Lowry, Heath W. (2003). The Nature of the Early Ottoman State. Albany: State University of New York Press. ISBN 9780791456361.