Tre'Davious White (born January 16, 1995) is an American football cornerback for the Buffalo Bills of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at LSU, where he was a consensus All-American as a senior in 2016. He was drafted by the Bills in the first round of the 2017 NFL Draft.
White in 2018.
|No. 27 – Buffalo Bills|
|Born:||January 16, 1995|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||192 lb (87 kg)|
|High school:||Green Oaks|
|NFL Draft:||2017 / Round: 1 / Pick: 27|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
|Player stats at PFR|
White attended Green Oaks High School in Shreveport, Louisiana. He played both cornerback and quarterback in high school. He was rated by Rivals.com as a five-star recruit and was ranked as the fourth best cornerback and 18th best overall player in his class. White committed to Louisiana State University (LSU) to play college football under head coach Les Miles.
As a true freshman at LSU, White played in 13 games with 11 starts. He finished the season with 55 tackles and two interceptions. As a sophomore in 2014 he started all 13 games and also served as the punt returner. He recorded 33 tackles, two interceptions and a punt return touchdown. As a junior, he was chosen to wear the No. 18 jersey, which signifies the player with the best leadership qualities on the team. He finished the year with 44 tackles and returned a punt 69 yards for a touchdown against Syracuse. The Associated Press and Southeastern Conference (SEC) coaches both selected White for their All-SEC second team. White was expected to be a late first-round choice in the 2016 NFL Draft, but he instead chose to return to LSU for his senior season. After the season, he earned first-team All-SEC honors from the AP. He was also a consensus All-American, earning first-team honors from the American Football Coaches Association and Walter Camp Football Foundation.
White was invited to the Senior Bowl and was set to play until he injured his ankle during practice. He was able to raise his draft stock after practicing well and showing an ability to learn quickly while working with Cleveland Browns defensive backs coach DeWayne Walker for the Senior Bowl. He attended the NFL Combine and was able to complete all the combine and positional drills.
|Tre'Davious White's NFL Combine Workout|
|Tre'Davious White's 40-yard dash|
|NFL Draft Profile: Tre'Davious White|
White also participated at LSU's Pro Day and opted to attempt to beat his combine times in the 40, 20, and 10-yard dash, but was unable to. NFL draft experts and analysts projected him to be selected in the first or second round. He was ranked the third best cornerback in the draft by Sports Illustrated, Pro Football Focus, and ESPN, ranked the fourth best cornerback by NFL analyst Bucky Brooks, ranked the fifth best cornerback by NFL analyst Mike Mayock, and ranked the seventh best cornerback by DraftScout.com.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|5 ft 11 in
|32 1⁄8 in
|9 1⁄8 in
|4.47 s||1.52 s||2.61 s||4.32 s||6.90 s||32.0 in
|9 ft 11 in
|All values are from NFL Combine|
|Bills draft Tre'Davious White 27th overall|
|Tre'Davious White gets selected in Round 1|
White made his professional regular season debut and first career start in the Buffalo Bills' season-opener against the New York Jets, recording four solo tackles and two pass deflections in Bills' 21–12 victory. On September 24, 2017, White recorded a season-high seven combined tackles, a season-high four pass deflections, and made his first career interception during a 26–16 victory against the Denver Broncos in Week 3. White intercepted a pass by quarterback Trevor Siemian to seal the Bills' victory in the fourth quarter. He was named the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month for September.
In Week 4, he made four combined tackles, a pass deflection, and returned a fumble recovery for his first career touchdown during a 23–17 upset win over the Atlanta Falcons. On October 22, 2017, White tackled wide receiver Adam Humphries, forcing him to fumble the ball, and recovered it to set up the Bills' game-winning field goal during their 30–27 victory against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. On November 26, 2017, White intercepted a pass from quarterback Alex Smith and returned it 63 yards with 1:28 left in the fourth quarter of the Bills’ 16–10 victory at the Kansas City Chiefs. In Week 13, White made five combined tackles, a pass deflection, and an interception during a 23–3 loss to the New England Patriots. The interception was a pass by quarterback Tom Brady intended for tight end Rob Gronkowski. Immediately after the play, Gronkowski jumped elbow-first onto White while he was still on the ground and drew a personal foul penalty. White suffered a concussion as a result of the hit. Gronkowski was upset, claiming that White should have been flagged for a pass interference penalty, but nonetheless was suspended one game for the hit.
White started all 16 games as a rookie in 2017 and recorded 69 combined tackles (53 solo), 18 pass deflections, and four interceptions. Pro Football Focus gave White an overall grade of 91.6, which ranked third among all qualifying cornerbacks in 2017. White was a finalist for 2017 Defensive Rookie of the Year award, but lost to Marshon Lattimore of the New Orleans Saints.  His performance helped Buffalo clinch a wild-card berth, their first playoff appearance since 1999. On January 7, 2018, White started in his first career playoff game and recorded a tackle and a pass deflection during the Bills' 10–3 loss at the Jacksonville Jaguars in the AFC Wildcard Game.
In week 9 against the Chicago Bears, White intercepted quarterback Mitchell Trubisky and returned it for 37 yards in the 41–9 loss. White finished the 2018 season with 54 combined tackles, 8 passes defensed, and two interceptions as the Bills quietly finished with the second ranked pass defense.
- "Tre'Davious White". rivals.com. Yahoo!. Retrieved November 2, 2016.
- Morris, Kelly (February 6, 2013). "Tre'Davious White inspires team, community en route to LSU". The Times-Picayune. Retrieved November 2, 2016.
- Rosetta, Randy (August 9, 2014). "With a blueprint left by two former stars, LSU's Tre'Davious White is primed to emerge as a star in the secondary". The Times-Picayune. Retrieved November 2, 2016.
- Rosetta, Randy (October 25, 2014). "Tre'Davious White's return for an LSU TD was a relief & a good sign for the Tigers". The Times-Picayune. Retrieved November 2, 2016.
- Rabalais, Scott (August 16, 2015). "D-B-U: LSU's secondary expected to be team's rock". The Advocate. Retrieved November 2, 2016.
- Guilbeau, Glenn (August 8, 2015). "Tre'Davious White proud to wear LSU's coveted No. 18". USA Today. Retrieved November 2, 2016.
- "2015 Associated Press All-SEC football team". Associated Press. December 14, 2015. Retrieved November 2, 2016.
- Kalland, Robby (December 8, 2015). "2015 Coaches' All-SEC Team: Alabama leads the way with 10 selections". CBS Sports. Retrieved November 2, 2016.
- Higgins, Ron (January 23, 2016). "Tre'Davious White chooses LSU purple and gold over NFL green". The Times-Picayune. Retrieved November 2, 2016.
- "It's a Sweep: No 1. Alabama Cleans up on AP All-SEC Team". ABC News. Associated Press. December 8, 2016. Retrieved December 10, 2016.
- Josh Katzenstein (January 26, 2017). "LSU's Tre'Davious White to miss Senior Bowl game with ankle injury". Nola.com. Retrieved May 23, 2017.
- "TreDavious White, DS #7 CB, LSU". nfldraftscout.com. Retrieved May 23, 2017.
- Chris Burke (April 24, 2017). "2017 NFL draft rankings: Top prospects by position". si.com. Retrieved May 23, 2017.
- Jeff Legwold (April 22, 2017). "Ranking the 2017 Draft's Top 100 Prospects". ESPN.com. Retrieved May 23, 2017.
- "Top 32 Prospexts of the 2017 NFL Draft". profootballfocus.com. Retrieved May 23, 2017.
- Bucky Brooks (April 25, 2017). "Bucky Brooks' 2017 NFL Draft position rankings 3.0". NFL.com. Retrieved May 23, 2017.
- Mike Mayock (April 12, 2017). "Mike Mayock's 2017 NFL Draft position rankings 3.0". NFL.com. Retrieved May 23, 2017.
- Browm, Chris (April 27, 2017). "Bills add experienced, principled cover man in White". BuffaloBills.com.
- "Spotrac.com: Tre'Davious White contract". spotrac.com. Retrieved July 30, 2018.
- Hunter, Jeff (September 2, 2017). "Here is the Buffalo Bills' initial 53-man roster". buffalorumblings.com. Retrieved July 30, 2018.
- Black, Ryan (September 24, 2017). "Watch: Tre'Davious White snags first career NFL interception". SaturdayDownSouth.com. Retrieved October 6, 2017.
- Brown, Chris (September 28, 2017). "Tre'Davious White named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month". BuffaloBills.com. Retrieved October 6, 2017.
- "NFL Game Center: Week 4-2017: Buffalo Bills @ Atlanta Falcons". NFL.com. Retrieved July 30, 2018.
- Harding, Robert (October 2, 2017). "Buffalo Bills Week 4 Report Card: Tre White, Micah Hyde lead Bills to 23-17 win over Falcons". AuburnPub.com. Retrieved October 6, 2017.
- Maiorana, Sal (October 1, 2017). "Statement win? Bills say they still have more to prove". WGRZ.com. Gannett Co., Inc. Retrieved October 6, 2017.
- "Bills rally to beat Bucs 30-27 on late Hauschka field goal". The Associated Press. CBSSports.com. October 22, 2017.
- "NFL Game Center: Week 12-2017: Buffalo Bills @ Kansas City Chiefs". NFL.com. Retrieved July 30, 2018.
- Kaleel Weatherly (December 4, 2017). "Rob Gronkowski suspended 1 game for late hit on Bills' Tre'Davious White". SB Nation.
- "NFL Player stats: Tre'Davious White (career)". NFL.com. Retrieved July 30, 2018.
- "Pro Football Focus: Tre'Davious White". profootballfocus.com. Retrieved July 30, 2018.
- "NFL Player stats: Tre'Davious White (2017)". NFL.com. Retrieved July 30, 2018.
- Wojton, Nick (December 7, 2018). "Why Tre White said 2018 has been 'frustrating'". Bills Wire. Retrieved May 5, 2019.
- "Buffalo Bills cornerback Tre'Davious White's son, Tre'Davious White's son Jr., joins his dad for training camp interview". www.buffalobills.com. Retrieved May 5, 2019.
- Rodak, Mike (May 3, 2017). "Oh, baby!: Bills' Tre'Davious White goes from NFL draft to hospital". ESPN.com. Retrieved May 5, 2019.