Travelport Worldwide Ltd provides distribution, technology, payment solutions[buzzword] for the travel and tourism industry. It is the smallest, by revenue, of the top three global distribution systems (GDS) after Amadeus IT Group and Sabre Corporation.
|Type||Privately held company|
|Headquarters||Langley, Berkshire, UK|
|Greg Webb, CEO|
John Swainson, Executive Chairman
John Elieson, COO
Nick Bray, CFO
|Revenue||US$2.5 billion (2018)|
|Owner||Siris Capital Group and Evergreen Coast Capital|
Number of employees
|3,700 (2020)|
The company also provides IT services to airlines, such as shopping, ticketing, and departure control.
In August 2007, Travelport acquired Worldspan for $1.4 billion.
In May 2010, the company acquired Sprice.com.
In 2015, Travelport acquired Mobile Travel Technologies for €55 million.
In 2017, Travelport was the first GDS to be awarded the International Air Transport Association NDC (New Distribution Capability) Level 3 certification as an aggregator of travel content. In 2018, it became the first GDS operator to manage the live booking of flights using the NDC standard.
- "Form S-4 Travelport Limited". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. March 30, 2007.
- Schaal, Dennis (July 9, 2006). "With sale, Travelport will privately go about its business". Travel Weekly.
- Schaal, Dennis (October 3, 2004). "Cendant buys Orbitz for $1.25B". Travel Weekly.
- Singer, Jason; Berman, Dennis K. (December 2, 2004). "Cendant Buys eBookers In $404 Million Deal". The Wall Street Journal.
- Griffiths, Katherine (3 December 2004). "Travel giant Cendant takes over ebookers for 209 million". The Independent.
- Schaal, Dennis (November 5, 2009). "Travelport to take massive writedown of GTA, but will invest in Orbitz". Phocuswire.
- "Blackstone Group Completes Acquisition of Cendant's Travelport Subsidiary" (Press release). The Blackstone Group. 23 August 2006.
- "Travelport Completes Acquisition of Worldspan, L.P. Creating a Global Leader in Travel Distribution Services" (Press release). PR Newswire. August 21, 2007.
- Zieminski, Nick (July 19, 2007). "Orbitz's IPO prices at $15/share". Reuters.
- "Travelport Completes Acquisition of Sprice.com" (Press release). PR Newswire. May 18, 2010.
- MacLucas, Neil; Cameron, Doug (March 7, 2011). "Cendant Buys eBookers In $404 Million Deal". The Wall Street Journal.
- "Kuoni buys Gullivers Travel to boost online business". Reuters. March 7, 2011.
- "Kuoni Announces Agreement to Acquire Gullivers Travel Associates to Become One of the Leading Global Providers of Online Destination Management Services" (Press release). The Blackstone Group. March 7, 2011.
- "Travelport Worldwide LTD (TVPT) IPO". NASDAQ.
- May, Kevin (8 July 2015). "Travelport acquires Mobile Travel Technologies for Euro 55 million". Phocuswire.
- McDonald, Michele (13 December 2017). "Travelport is first GDS to receive Level 3 NDC certification from IATA". Phocuswire.
- "Travelport becomes first GDS operator to offer NDC content" (Press release). PR Newswire. October 23, 2018.
- "Travelport Worldwide Limited announces completion of acquisition by affiliates of Siris Capital Group, LLC and Evergreen Coast Capital Corp" (Press release). PR Newswire. May 30, 2019.