Tracy Posner Ward (born 1962) is an actress, animal rights rescuer and activist, with her husband, actor Burt Ward. She is a daughter of the late American businessman and philanthropist Victor Posner and his second wife Sari Posner. In 1983, she was appointed as a vice president, assistant treasurer and assistant secretary to several corporations to include Wilson Brothers, NVF company, Southeastern Public Service Authority and Birdsboro Corporation. In 1993, while still active in her father's many companies, Posner Ward was described as "one of the world's wealthiest women".
|Born||1962 (age 55–56)|
|Occupation||Actress, animal rights rescuer, activist|
|Spouse(s)||Burt Ward (m. 1990)|
|Relatives||Steven Posner (paternal half-brother)|
Animal rights workEdit
In 1994, Tracy Posner Ward and her husband, actor Burt Ward, founded Gentle Giants Rescue and Adoptions, a giant-breed dog rescue organization. The Wards operate a communal home for dogs, where they nurse 45–50 dogs at a time back to health, then put them up for adoption at their home and facility in Norco, California. The city of Norco limits nonprofit animal rescue organizations to 55 animals on premises at a time.
In August 1984, Posner Ward represented her father, Victor Posner, who was unable to attend the renaming of a street in his name by Hermitage, Pennsylvania. Speaking to the assembled guests and reporters, Posner Ward apologized for her father's inability to attend by saying, "My father planned to come up to the last minute; I hope you realize how hard he tried to make it. He is truly honored by this decision." She declined to speak about her father's legal case in Florida.
In 1989, Victor Posner sent Tracy to take over Burt Ward's publicly traded fund-raising company.
In 1994, Posner Ward sued her half brother Steven Posner, claiming he let one of her smaller trust funds, worth $2 million, dwindle to $100,000 with undocumented loans and other transactions of little or no value. In the lawsuit initiated by Tracy Ward, she alleged in Dade Circuit Court that the trust should have passed to her at age 21 and kept secret until 1993. Posner Ward was involved in lawsuits until April 2015 which entangled the estate of her late father, industrialist Victor Posner, who changed his will shortly before he died in 2002, and removed his children and grandchildren as heirs to his estate. A lawsuit by Troy Posner, not including Tracy, was eventually settled for $14 million.
- "People In Business". Google News Archive. The Miami News. December 26, 1983. Retrieved 26 July 2010.
- "BATMAN RETURNS". Entertainment Weekly. ew.com. July 9, 1993. Retrieved 26 July 2010.
- "Gentle Giants Rescue and Adoptions". Gentlegiantsrescue.com. Retrieved 2010-07-11.
- "Canine Crusader". People. people.com. May 29, 2000. Retrieved 26 July 2010.
- "Gentle Giant Info and News". Gentle Giant Info and News. Retrieved 2010-07-11.
- "Gentle Giants Rescue and Adoptions launches dog food brand | Inland Valley Daily Bulletin Newspaper | Find Articles at BNET". Findarticles.com. 2010-04-10. Retrieved 2010-07-11.[dead link]
- "Ex-'Batman' star creates line of dog food". Press-Telegram. Retrieved 2010-07-11.
- Norco, California. "Requirements for animal licensing". Norco City Government. City of Norco, California. Retrieved 21 June 2016.
- "Posner Gets A Boulevard In Hermitage". Google News Archive. The Miami News. August 23, 1984. Retrieved 26 July 2010.
- "Former Caped Crusader owns visual effects company". CNN. cnn.com. September 17, 2002. Archived from the original on 7 May 2008. Retrieved 26 July 2010.
- "Microsoft Word - 3D03-2989.3op..doc" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-07-11.
- "Planning To Avoid It". The Family Fight. Retrieved 2010-07-11.
- "Posner Siblings in Trust Dispute". Google News Archive. Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. July 23, 1994. Retrieved 26 July 2010.
- "Other News". Los Angeles Times. latimes.com. July 25, 1994. Retrieved 26 July 2010.
- Bralove, Alisa (October 20, 2003). "Baltimore lawyers reach $14M settlement in Victor Posner's contested". FindArticles. Daily Record (Maryland). Retrieved 26 July 2010.
- "Tracy Posner Ward". The New York Times. nytimes.com. Retrieved 26 July 2010.
- Smith, Russell Scott. "Canine Crusader". People magazine. Retrieved 11 July 2010.
- "Burt Ward". Nndb.com. Retrieved 2010-07-11.
- Gentle Giants Rescue and Adoptions website
- Tracy Posner on IMDb
- Holy Borzoi Batman! Tracy and Burt Ward Gentle Giants Dog Photos
- List of United States and Canadian Mastiff Dog Rescue Clubs
- List of Canine Rescue Organizations in Southern California