Track & Field News
|Editor||E. Garry Hill|
|Founder||Bert Nelson & Cordner Nelson|
|Based in||Mountain View, California|
The magazine provides coverage of athletics in the United States from the high school to national level as well as covering the sport on an international bases. The magazine has given itself the motto of "The Bible of the Sport".
E. Garry Hill is the magazine's editor and Sieg Lindstrom is the managing editor. Janet Vitu is publisher and Ed Fox is publisher emeritus.
Each year, the magazine produces world and US rankings of top track & field athletes, selected by the magazine's editors along with an international team of experts. The team changes year to year, for the 2012 season (published in the February 2013 issue) the world rankings compilers consisted of Jonathon Berenbom, Richard Hymans, Dave Johnson, Nejat Kok, and R. L. Quercentani. 
Many of the standard abbreviations used throughout the sport, like WR=World Record; WJR=World Junior Record; AR=American Record, started as print saving abbreviations in the magazine.
Track & Field News switched to a digital-only format during 2018, but resumed its paper and ink publication in January 2019.
- Porter, David L. (January 1, 1995). Biographical Dictionary of American Sports: 1992-1995 supplement for baseball, football, basketball, and other sports. Greenwood Publishing Group. ISBN 9780313284311.
- The History of the United States Olympic Trials
- Gisondi, Joe (April 10, 2007). "On Sports: Track & Field – covering meets". On Sports. Retrieved May 8, 2016.
- "Contacting Us". Track & Field News. Archived from the original on 2016-05-22. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Contacting Us". Track & Field News. Archived from the original on July 23, 2017. Retrieved February 18, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Track & Field News, February 2013.  Retrieved Dec 31, 2020
- eTrack Newsletter.  Retrieved Dec 31, 2020
- Track History, Publications.  Retrieved Dec 31, 2020