TrackR is a commercial key finder which assists in the tracking of lost belongings and devices. Trackr is produced by the company Phone Halo  and was inspired by the founders losing their keys on beach during a surfing trip.
|Headquarters||Santa Barbara, California, U.S.|
The device contains a lithium battery, that has to be changed about every year by the user.
The communication of the device's current location is made through Bluetooth 4.0 to an iOS 8.0+ or Android 4.4+ smartphone or tablet with the TrackR app installed and running. This feature is referred to as "Crowd Locate" since those devices will report the location any and all TrackR devices including those that are not owned or registered by the user. If the app is not installed on that nearby Bluetooth enabled device, the location cannot be relayed.
As of August 2017, they have sold over 5 million devices. They have received mostly negative reviews, being noted for being unreliable and inconsistent. The Indiegogo campaign while financially successful, have received overwhelmingly negative comments from the backers.
For Trackr Bravo the producer publishes following data as of 29th August 2017:
- Range: Bluetooth range, up to about 30 m (100 feet). Obstacles such as walls or furniture may affect range.
- PC Magazine
- Network World
- Horvath, Balint (2017-08-16). "How a hardware startup's product goes viral, with Christian Smith of TrackR, USA". The Hardware Entrepreneur. Retrieved 2017-09-08.
- Martin, Jim. "TrackR lets you keep track of your stuff via Bluetooth". Tech Advisor. Retrieved 2018-02-02.
- "TrackR Bravo Review: A Good Alternative to Tile". Tom's Guide. 2017-12-21. Retrieved 2018-02-02.
- "TrackR bravo". Indiegogo. Retrieved 2018-02-02.
- Technical Specifications thetrackr.com, retrieved 29 August 2017.
- Tracker Sticker - Official Video (http://tracker-007.com/) Tracker 007, youtube.com, upload 31. July 2014
- TrackR bravo is claimed to be the thinnest item-tracking device ever newatlas.com, 13 June 2014. retrieved 30 August 2017.
- TILE vs. TrackR Bravo - Distance Testing - 2nd Generatiosn 21 October 2016