|Toyota GZ engine|
|Displacement||4,996 cc (304.9 cu in)|
|Cylinder bore||81 mm (3.189 in)|
|Piston stroke||80.8 mm (3.181 in)|
|Fuel system||Electronic port fuel injection|
|Torque output||481 N⋅m (355 lb⋅ft)|
|Predecessor||Toyota V engine (V8)|
|Successor||Toyota 2UR-FSE engine (V8)|
The 1GZ-FE is a 4,996 cc (5.0 L) 48-valve DOHC V12 engine with variable valve timing (VVT-i). Bore is 81 mm and stroke is 80.8 mm, with a compression ratio of 10.5:1. The official power output advertised in Japan per the gentlemen's agreement is 206 kW (276 hp; 280 PS) at 5,200 rpm, though it was advertised as 220 kW (295 hp; 299 PS) in export markets. Peak torque of 481 N⋅m (355 lbf⋅ft) is at 4,000 rpm with over 400 N⋅m (295 lbf⋅ft) available from as little as 1200 rpm. The Electronic fuel-injection system is controlled by two ECUs, one for each bank of six cylinders. The engine is capable of running on either bank should a malfunction occur.
In 2010 the standard engine was revised in order to meet tough fuel economy and emissions standards, reducing power slightly and peak torque to 460 N⋅m (339 lbf⋅ft) although this torque figure had been advertised in export markets since at least 2004.
- 2003–2004 Toyota Century
- Cleveland, Bryce (2021-08-13). "Toyota 1GZ-FE: Everything You Need To Know". Dust Runners Automotive Journal. Retrieved 2021-10-18.
- "トヨタ センチュリー | 安全装備 | 予防安全" [Toyota Century Safety Equipment Preventive Safety]. Goo-net (in Japanese). Archived from the original on 2015-05-08.
- "センチュリー（トヨタ）のモデル・グレード別カタログ情報" [Century (Toyota) model· Catalog information by grade]. Goo-net (in Japanese). Retrieved 2017-10-15.
- "TOYOTA CENTURY catalog - reviews, pics, specs and prices". Goo-net Exchange. Retrieved 2017-10-15.
- "TOYOTA CENTURY, CNG CAR FLOOR SHIFT catalog - reviews, pics, specs and prices". Goo-net Exchange. Retrieved 2017-10-15.