Touko Juhani Aalto (born 1 April 1984) is a Finnish politician. He was chairman of the Green League from 2017 to 2018. He represented the electoral district of Central Finland in the Parliament of Finland 2015–2019.
|Chairman of the Green League|
17 June 2017 – 3 November 2018
|Preceded by||Ville Niinistö|
|Succeeded by||Pekka Haavisto|
|Member of the Finnish Parliament|
22 April 2015 – 16 April 2019
|Born||1 April 1984|
|Political party||Green League|
Aalto was born in Savonlinna and later lived in Joensuu. He currently lives in Jyväskylä, Finland. Aalto graduated as Bachelor of Social Sciences from the University of Jyväskylä in 2008. He worked as a cleaner and salesperson before becoming parliamentary assistant of MP Jani Toivola in 2011.
Aalto was elected to the City Council of Jyväskylä in 2008 and to the Parliament in 2015. He is the first Green Member of the Parliament from Central Finland. He is currently member of the Finance Committee of the Parliament. In the 2017 municipal elections, Aalto received the most personal votes in Jyväskylä at the same time when the Green League became the largest party of Jyväskylä. On 17 June 2017, Aalto won the Green League leadership election, and became the chairman of the party.
In September 2018, Aalto took a sick leave due to exhaustion and his duties were temporarily handed to the first deputy chair Maria Ohisalo. In October 2018, he announced that he is resigning from his post, citing depression and fatigue. Aalto took part in the 2019 parliamentary election, but was not re-elected.
European Parliament electionsEdit
|2011||Central Finland||1,721||Not elected|
|2019||Central Finland||3,075||Not elected|
Aalto was married with Johanna Pietiläinen from 2015 to 2017.
- "Touko Aalto". Parliament of Finland. Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- "Touko". Touko Aalto. Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- Kivinen, Anna (25 May 2011). "Touko Aalto ilman haastattelua Toivolan avustajaksi". Keskisuomalainen. Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- Rinne, Mika. "Vihreät valloittivat Jyväskylän - ääniharava Touko Aalto: "Olen liikuttuneessa tilassa"". Iltalehti (10 April 2017). Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- Touko Aalto vihreiden puheenjohtajaksi Ilta-Sanomat. Retrieved 17 June 2017.
- "Greens chair Touko Aalto steps down: "I need more time for recovery"". Yle. 24 October 2018. Retrieved 25 October 2018.
- "Pettynyt Touko Aalto lähti jo kotiin vihreiden vaalivalvojaisista: "Musta se äänimäärä on tosi huono" – Aalto tippui eduskunnasta". Keskisuomalainen. 20 April 2019. Retrieved 14 April 2019.
- "Information resources". Vaalit.fi. Ministry of Justice of Finland. Retrieved 14 April 2017.