This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Original languages||English, French, Spanish|
|No. of episodes||276|
|Running time||10-25 minutes|
|Production companies||Ragdoll Productions|
Central Independent Television (1993–1995)
Carlton UK Productions (1995–1998)
|Original release||4 January 1993 –|
27 April 1998
The programme features three puppet friends: Tilly, a French girl, with red hair and pale skin, who speaks in basic French (changed to English in French broadcasts, and changed to Spanish in the US version), Tom, a blue-haired boy with dark skin, who is smart, and Tiny, the youngest Tot, who is smaller than the others and has green hair and pale skin. It also featured their pet Donkey who lived in a stable next to the tots' secret house and a mischievous little dog named Furryboo that the tots never knew about.
The show was first telecast in the UK on the ITV network (as part of CITV). Later, CBeebies, the BBC's television channel for younger children, picked up the series from 2004, where it first aired on the BBC Two block as well as the CBeebies channel, on the 19 April.
Internationally, the show was also telecast in the United States on the PBS network from 1996 to 2002 with Tilly speaking Spanish, instead of French. In 2000, Discovery Kids broadcast the series throughout Central and South America, the Caribbean and the Falkland Islands. In Holland, the show is aired on Kindernet.
The series won two BAFTA awards for its producer Anne Wood and director Vic Finch.
A number of special episodes of the series were produced for both television and VHS release, including a short series of episodes set in the United States, a 'Big Treasure Adventure' set on a pirate ship and several Christmas specials, including one filmed in Rovaniemi, Finland.
A series of educational Tots Video specials were released by Video Collection International in 1997 (later reprinted by Carlton in 2000) included hour-long episodes based on the alphabet, numbers, animals and basic French.
VHS tapes of the series were originally released by Video Collection International under their Central Video imprint from 1993 until 1994, and transitioned off to Carlton Home Entertainment afterwards and later Granada Ventures.
|VHS Title||Release Date||Episodes|
|Tots TV - Camel and Other Stories (VC1299)||1993||Camel, Beach, Fox|
|Tots TV - Hedgehog and Other Stories (VC1300)||1993||Trains, Hedgehog, Dress|
|Tots TV - Owl and Other Stories (VC1303)||1993||Bike Ride, Owl, Donkey Ride|
|Tots TV - Peacock and Other Stories (VC1307)||1993||Peacock, Bus Ride, Rabbit|
|Tots TV - Elephant and Other Stories (VC1313)||1993||Horse, Baby Party, Elephant|
|Tots TV - Apple Picking and Other Stories (VC1315)||1993||Apple Picking, Kittens, Playground|
|Tots TV - Dog and Other Stories (VC1322)||1994||Woodlouse, Cars, Dog|
|Tots TV - Roller Skating and Other Stories (VC1323)||1994||Lemur, Roller Skating, Snail|
|Tots TV - Giraffe and Other Stories (VC1324)||1994||Rockpool, Giraffe, Dentist|
|Tots TV - Wiggly Worms and Other Stories (VC1325)||1994||How Does Your Garden Grow?, Wiggly Worms, Cleaning Windows|
|Tots TV - Windy Day and Other Stories (VC1327)||1994||Penguin, Windy Day, The Hungry Nanny Goat|
|Tots TV Bumper Special - Bike Ride and Other Stories (VC1361)||3 October 1994||Dress, Bike Ride, Donkey Ride, Peacock, Cars, Dog|
|Tots TV - The Funny Noises Band and Other Stories (VC1384)||1995||Mountain Climbing, The Funny Noises Band, Tiny's Storybook (Little Red Car), Fluffy Little Chicks, Dressing Up, Bubbles|
- Out to Sea and other stories
- Sticky Disasters and other stories
- Lost Teddy and other stories
- Magical Secrets and other stories
- Donkey Ride and other stories
- Secret Magic Parcels and other stories
- Fluffy Little Chicks and other stories
- Super Tiny and other stories
- Flying High and other stories
- A Painting Surprise and other stories
- The Runaway Horse and other stories
- The Lighthouse and other stories
- Hopping Day and other stories
- Birthday Surprise and other stories
- Cuddly Bunnies and other stories
- Naughty Puppies and other stories
- Hamster and other stories
- Penguins and other stories
- Wobbly Jellies and other stories
- Kittens and other stories
- Dentist and other stories
- Camping and other stories
- At the Beach and other stories
- Boing Boing and other stories
- Naughty Little Pigs and other stories
- Tiny Leaves Home and other stories
- Mountain Climbing and other stories
- Fox and other stories
- Bubbles and other stories
- Fishes and other stories
- Sing Song Adventures
- Snowy Adventure
- Bedtime Stories
- Summer Holiday Adventures
- Seaside Holiday Fun
- Zoo Animals
- Furry Friends
- Birthday Surprise and other stories - (3 Episodes)
- Naughty Little Puppies and other stories - (6 Episodes)
- Snowy Adventure - (60 Minute Special + 2 Bonus Episodes)
In 1997, four special VHS tapes were released under the name Tots Video. The four titles were re-released by Carlton Video in 2000 with the same titles. The four titles were:
- Tilly, Tom and Tiny's Animal Adventures
- Tilly, Tom and Tiny's A,B,C
- Tilly, Tom and Tiny's Fun with French
- Tilly, Tom and Tiny's 1,2,3
- "Ragdoll Story". Ragdoll.co.uk. Archived from the original on 4 November 2010. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "PBS Premieres New Episodes of 'Tots TV' and 'Teletubbies'. - Free Online Library". Thefreelibrary.com. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "Ragdoll has licensed Tots TV to Discovery Kids for broadcast through Central and South America, the Caribbean and the Falkland Islands, writes Georgina Lipscomb. The Itsy Bity Entertainment Company, R | News | Broadcast". Broadcastnow.co.uk. 21 July 2000. Retrieved 20 September 2013.