Total Direct Énergie
Total Direct Énergie, formerly Direct Énergie, is a French international electric utility company, which operates in the fields of electricity generation and distribution, natural gas, and renewable energy. Founded in France in 2003 as an alternative to the historic monopoly Électricité de France, it is present in Belgium through the subsidiary Poweo.
Subsidiary of Total S.A.
|Xavier Caïtucoli (CEO)|
|Products||Natural gas distribution, electricity generation and distribution, wind power|
|Revenue||€1.966 billion (2017)|
|€51.9 million (2017)|
|Total equity||€2.020 billion (2016)|
|Owner||Total S.A. (100%)|
Number of employees
The group produces electricity and serves 2.1 millions consumers in France and Belgium, both in retail and company-oriented market. It handles 800 MW of electricity production capacity, mainly gas power stations.
Founded in 2003, Direct Énergie made no profit in serving the corporate market nor the household market during its first years of existence. In 2008 is founded Neoen, a subsidiary dedicated to build and operate renewable power stations.
In April 2018, the French energy major Total S.A. announced their bid to purchase 74% of Direct Énergie capital from their main stockholders, for 1,4 billion euros.. On July 6, 2018, Total S.A. acquired 73.04% stake in the share capital of Direct Énergie. In September of that year, Total S.A. announced the acquisition of 95% of the shares and voting rights in the company, and that they would be beginning squeeze-out procedures to acquire the remaining shares. Following its acquisition by Total S.A., it withdrew from the Paris Stock Exchange Euronext Paris, with the suspension of trading on September 19, 2018 and its delisting on September 27.
- "Results of the Public Tender Offer of Total on Direct Energie". Total S.A. Retrieved 10 June 2019.
- Geert De Clercq, Benjamin Mallet, and Richard Balmforth (January 17, 2017). "Direct Energie targets 4 mln clients in France by 2020". reuters.com. Retrieved 6 August 2017.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- "Document de référence 2016" (pdf). groupe.direct-energie.com (in French). 2017. Retrieved 28 May 2017.
- "Pourquoi Direct Energie investit dans les renouvelables". challenges.fr (in French). 16 June 2017. Retrieved 16 June 2017.
- Frédéric De Monicault (6 February 2015). "Neoen déploie ses éoliennes en Australie". lefigaro.fr (in French). Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- Jean-Michel Bezat (1 October 2011). "Direct Energie prend le contrôle de Poweo". lemonde.fr (in French). Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- "Poweo Direct Energie : naissance du 3ème opérateur d'énergie français". Challenges.fr (in French). 12 July 2012. Retrieved 28 May 2017.
- Nabil Wakim (2018-04-18). "Total va acheter Direct Energie et espère bousculer le marché de l'électricité". Le Monde.fr (in French). Retrieved 2018-04-18.
- "Euronext". euronext.com. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- "OM / Direct Énergie : Le bilan de 2 ans de partenariat". om.net (in French). 12 May 2010. Retrieved 4 June 2017.
- "Europcar devient Direct Énergie". lequipe.fr (in French). 15 September 2015. Retrieved 1 August 2017.